View Full Version : What to do?

badfish_76
2006-05-25, 06:36
I have a forum that I post to that has been a jihad lately. I don't know what to do. I won't lay down and take shit but, then I am a "bad" person. So what do you do when this shit explodes? Everyone is fighting and telling any personal info they have on anyone else. The forum admin (1) doesn't moderate AT ALL. Which is why I am there. He takes his stands and is fair. But some of this is childish. Do I keep up the good fight or, throw in the towel????

Dollar_Girl
2006-05-25, 09:41
Fight to the end. People will always hate authority, but goddamn someone has to do it or there will be crazy anarchy! People rarely co-operate without guidelines.

Do you really care that ppl will see u as 'bad'? Or do you care more about doing what you believe is right? Give into peer pressure... the problem will remain! With or without you.

eclectica
2006-05-25, 10:14
People like unmoderated boards because they feel free. But when things run amok some people would like for moderation to occur so that the environment will become more pleasant. Without being provided a link to the board you mention, I can only speculate as to what is going on at the board.

A negative atmosphere on a board sometimes causes people to be attracted to the joint and can also can be a turn off.

Perhaps since there is infighting the admin can put his foot down without taking sides by simply meting out a collective punishment to all (including himself) by closing the entire board into a read only mode for a couple of days for a cooling off period. So that every time the fighting got out of hand he could do that, and then all warring parties would be given the incentive to work together for the board's peacefulness.

Dollar_Girl
2006-05-25, 11:20
A negative atmosphere on a board sometimes causes people to be attracted to the joint

It sound so dirty when you say 'joint'. I do not know why. It is how it is. :eek: :worship:

Closing the board from posting sounds like a good idea. It stops that constant cycle of retaliatory posts, in the middle of all the heat and excitement.

It's interesting how quickly people lose interest in online forum fights, when given a bit of a break from it. People get caught up in the fast pace of it all, grabbing an opportunity to use some well thought out one liners that they are proud of etc.

slx
2006-05-25, 12:54
life is what it is...wherever it is

eclectica
2006-05-26, 01:11
That is the influence of nicobie which causes me to call a forum "joint".

nicobie
2006-05-26, 02:21
Fight to the end. People will always hate authority, but goddamn someone has to do it or there will be crazy anarchy! People rarely co-operate without guidelines.

Do you really care that ppl will see u as 'bad'? Or do you care more about doing what you believe is right? Give into peer pressure... the problem will remain! With or without you.

hahahahahahahaah

I don't know if I like the nice ass or the nice shoes better........

I suppose the tight ass will go away before the 4" heels will.... hehe

That's been my experience anyway.

badfish_76
2006-05-28, 08:00
Spank that ass while she wears the heels. That's what to do about that.

nicobie
2006-06-02, 02:49
Spank that ass while she wears the heels. That's what to do about that.

hehe

Dollar_Girl
2006-06-02, 12:44
That arse is so skinny, if you slap it, it'll break!

nicobie
2006-06-03, 03:58
That arse is so skinny, if you slap it, it'll break!

Oh no!

No hurtin' alowed. Pls. Ever.