View Full Version : the michael quarles manic test

slx
2005-04-17, 06:27
This questionnaire is a designed to screen for the possibility of a disorder in the bipolar spectrum in individuals, 18 or older, who have had at least one depression severe enough to have caused them distress and/or interfered with their functioning at home, work, school or in their interpersonal relationships.

Print out the questionnaire below and indicate your answers. Information on how to interpret the results follows the questionnaire.

1. At times I am much more talkative or speak much faster than usual.
0 1 2 3 4 5

2. There have been times when I was much more active or did many more things than usual.
0 1 2 3 4 5

3. I get into moods where I feel very speeded up or irritable.
0 1 2 3 4 5

4. There have been times when I have felt both high (elated) and low (depressed) at the same time.
0 1 2 3 4 5

5. At times I have been much more interested in sex than usual.
0 1 2 3 4 5

6. My self-confidence ranges from great self-doubt to equally great overconfidence.
0 1 2 3 4 5

7. There have been GREAT variations in the quantity or quality of my work.
0 1 2 3 4 5

8. For no apparent reason I sometimes have been VERY angry or hostile.
0 1 2 3 4 5

9. I have periods of mental dullness and other periods of very creative thinking.
0 1 2 3 4 5

10. At times I am greatly interested in being with people and at other times I just want to be left alone with my thoughts.
0 1 2 3 4 5

11. I have had periods of great optimism and other periods of equally great pessimism.
0 1 2 3 4 5

12. I have had periods of tearfulness and crying and other times when I laugh and joke excessively.
0 1 2 3 4 5

tim
2005-04-17, 06:57
now you're just being spiteful

tim
2005-04-17, 06:59
i shouldn't have replied to this and this will be the last time I acknowledge this behaviour.

badfish_76
2005-04-17, 18:12
My only question is 0 or 5 greatest? The whole thing sems a little loaded to me tho as we all feel this range of emotion over a wide period of time. I belive that if you felt all these things in a short space of time it could mean something. But we all cry and then laugh and feel down and then feel happy. Sometimes.

slx
2005-04-17, 19:08
My only question is 0 or 5 greatest? The whole thing sems a little loaded to me tho as we all feel this range of emotion over a wide period of time. I belive that if you felt all these things in a short space of time it could mean something. But we all cry and then laugh and feel down and then feel happy. Sometimes.i don't have a clue fish...it's just a copy & paste, renamed