View Full Version : just had a tooth pulled. GROSSSS!

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-11, 07:46
ok so i broke my tooth like 2 years ago, and was too scared to go to the dentist to have it pulled or fixed! so it got really bad, and it started breaking further, and it started going black... so i finally went to the dentist today to have my very first tooth pulled! and i must say, it looks more gross than what i imagined!

it was the very last tooth on the upper left side.

there is still a bit of the root left in the gum, as he couldn't get it out, without risking pushing it into the sinuses (spelling).

I now have a nice plastic cup full of blood i have spat out!

I must say, it wasn't as scary asi thought it woudl be. I should have gone 2 years ago, and maybe saved my tooth!

lesson to learn.

eclectica
2005-04-11, 09:12
That's a nice picture of the tooth you have there. It looks like a tasty strawberry and blueberry tart.
:D

I've had good teeth that are naturally straight with no rotting. I haven't been to the dentist for like five years when I last had a cleaning. My older brother had some problem with his wisdom teeth where they grew in sideways and they had to be pulled, but I have not had that problem or they haven't grown in yet.

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-11, 09:26
lol, my friend said it looked like a heart. She said when she looks at it, she expects it to start beating or something.

Yeah i have well formed straight teeth too, but they seem to get holes easily. I have 2 new holes that need filling, which would bring my total number of fillings to like 17 or somethign? i think 15. That's alot of fillings for such a young gal.

maybe you should go to the dentist and have them looked at. 5 years is a long time.

it cost me 100 dollars to get the tooth pulled. i was a private dentist. how much do dentists cost in america?

eclectica
2005-04-11, 10:12
I don't know what it costs to have a tooth pulled.

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-11, 13:32
well i kinda meant dental care in general. I'm always curious bout the cost of other things in other countries. When i went to America, everything was so cheap... except pizza was pretty expensive. \

When it comes to the American medical system, i only know what i have seen in movies or heard from others. The phrase "only the rich can afford to get sick in America" is one i hear from many people. In the movie "In America" the pregnant Irish woman went to hospital to have a baby, and they got hit with a medical bill of $30,000.00
I also hear the medical insurance is extremely expensive, and that many people can't afford vaccinations for their children?

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-11, 15:28
i have to have two teeth pulled this week
and about 5 fillings or more
it sucks
i do not like needles
but im going to have to get over that
i am ok with getting fillings without a needle
it is just cold thats all
i think i ate too many lollies when i was little :p

im eating better these days
but i eat too many biscuits i think
i have never liked one thing
dentists

badfish_76
2005-04-11, 20:28
EWWWWW! It looks like it was more painful in there. I have naturally good teeth. They are straight and white and I have 0 fillings THANK GOD! Dan is another story tho. We are hoping that Anastasia gets my dental traits. Hope you feel better soon Dollar.

eclectica
2005-04-11, 22:20
Medical costs are high and getting higher in the United States. There are a number of reasons why, but one reason no politician wants to say is that Americans are getting fatter and unhealthier, so more people are draining the system. Nowadays the only people getting medical insurance are the ones who have it through their work or the ones who are really poor and get it through welfare. The people who work but who don't have good jobs with benefits are forced to buy their own insurance or take the risk of not having any, which is what most of them choose to do.

By the way, the visit my wife had being in the hospital over the Summer for a month while being pregnant ran up medical bills around $50,000 dollars.

My workplace fully pays for all medical costs of everyone in my family, but that is unusually generous. Most people have a system where both their work and the employees pay, and they may have coverage free for themselves but have to pay extra for other family members to be on their plan. If I were to have to fully pay for a medical insurance that covers me, my wife and the two children, I think I would be paying something like $800 a month.

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-12, 02:47
i have to have two teeth pulled this week
and about 5 fillings or more
it sucks
i do not like needles
but im going to have to get over that
i am ok with getting fillings without a needle
it is just cold thats all
i think i ate too many lollies when i was little :p

im eating better these days
but i eat too many biscuits i think
i have never liked one thing
dentists

my mother had her tooth pulled without a needle back in czechoslovakia. over there, the dentists don't care, it is nothing like here in Australia. When they pulled her tooth out, a bit broke off. As the dentist was digging around to pull it out, he pushed it up into her sinus and it punctured a nerve thing that connects upto her eye. All this white stuff was leakign out of her eye and she was rushed to hospital where they had to cut inside, to stitch up the punctured nerve. She said her side of the face was swollen like a football!

Good luck with getting yours pulled and filled! I had about 7 needles in my mouth, and i did'nt feel a single one of them. They first inject into your cheek, which numbs your gums. Your cheek is naturally half numb anyway, so u don't really feel it. The weird thing about having your tooth pulled is the strange crunching noises u hear echoing in your head. It was my first time, and it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be!

and badfish g/f!!! lucky you!!! if you have great teeth now, u will have less problems in the future! u'll be 90 and still capable of biting through an apple! hehehehe

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-12, 02:50
Medical costs are high and getting higher in the United States. There are a number of reasons why, but one reason no politician wants to say is that Americans are getting fatter and unhealthier, so more people are draining the system. Nowadays the only people getting medical insurance are the ones who have it through their work or the ones who are really poor and get it through welfare. The people who work but who don't have good jobs with benefits are forced to buy their own insurance or take the risk of not having any, which is what most of them choose to do.

By the way, the visit my wife had being in the hospital over the Summer for a month while being pregnant ran up medical bills around $50,000 dollars.

My workplace fully pays for all medical costs of everyone in my family, but that is unusually generous. Most people have a system where both their work and the employees pay, and they may have coverage free for themselves but have to pay extra for other family members to be on their plan. If I were to have to fully pay for a medical insurance that covers me, my wife and the two children, I think I would be paying something like $800 a month.

800 per month is insane! i have no medical insurance because it is out of my price range. We have at least a half decent medical scheme right now, but i can see all that changing quickly.

You are lucky to have all your medical expenses paid. But what happens when a middle income family with no health insurance get sick? are they not allowed in hospital? What happens if they can't afford to pay a $50,000 bill for having a baby? It's a scary thought to not be able to afford medical treatment if ones child etc is sick.

do employers discriminate against people with large families for insurance reasons?

eclectica
2005-04-12, 11:17
But what happens when a middle income family with no health insurance get sick? are they not allowed in hospital? What happens if they can't afford to pay a $50,000 bill for having a baby?

They admit them to the hospital regardless of coverage, but afterwards they will be sent a bill. If they don't pay the bill a collection agency then resends it, but usually they give up and they can't adversely affect one's credit history because it is not a loan. I think the government is supposed to reimburse the hospitals for people like that too, so I recommend that anyone in that situation who receives an outrageous bill just toss it in the garbage, and perhaps to use false contact information when they visit the hospital emergency room.

If they are really poor they are covered under something called Medicaid, which is paid for by the government. However, having that coverage will lead to a different hospital experience than for someone with a regular medical plan. Women who are covered by Medicaid will not be given the epidural pain killer during a vaginal birth delivery.

do employers discriminate against people with large families for insurance reasons?

Most employers do not cover the other family members except minimally. The way employers save money is by making more of their workers contracted out to other companies, by using temps, or by having part time workers, so they don't have to pay them benefits.

tim
2005-04-13, 02:24
back to the topic....

that is fucking gross.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-13, 14:25
i chickened out hahahahahaha
i was overtired so and pain always seems worse when u are tired :p

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-14, 04:25
once th ey give u the first injection, you will be wide awake within seconds. the needles they give u contain adreneline. I once had it injected directly into my vein and straight into the blood stream, and i thought i was having a heart attack!

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-14, 16:23
they will give me happy gas first
:)
that a bit better
i used to feel nothing much but pressure with that
for the needles it should be easy

tim
2005-04-14, 16:29
they will give me happy gas first
:)
that a bit better