View Full Version : Soulmate

Dollar_Girl
2005-02-25, 15:10
The term "soulmate" is usually heavily associated with love and happiness, and is thought of in a positive context. It is common to think of a 'soulmate' as a partner in a loving relationship, a pair that have been 'searching for each other their whole lives'.

It is interesting to think of other relationships that can exist between two or more people, incluidng ones that don't neccesarily relate to a positive union. I wonder if the term can be applied to a relationship that isn't defined by the typical attributes of love.

An interesting partnership is a homocidal one. You have two people who independantly would never have commited a murderous crime, but together, form a lethal partnership. Such partnerships are commonly driven by a strong sexual component, wether they are same sex partnerships or a man-woman partnership. This can be described as insanity shared between two people leading to criminal behaviour. Motives for murder in such a relationship can vary. Killing for experimental excercise is an interesting motive, something a homocidal couple take part of, in the same way as you may take your lover out to a dinner or movie. It is a bonding experience, intimacy.

Perhaps the term 'soulmate' can be applied to even the most insane and evil relationships, for lovers are not always pure, and a union of soulmates does not have to reffer to innocent head over heels love. A lover one classes as a 'soulmate' is like a key to your ownself. Some soulmates will unlock a future of marriage & children, and another soulmate holds the key to your evil side, your murderous side. The key to insanity. perhaps it is just a matter of which soulmate u happen to meet first.

The theory that there is only one soulmate is false, because everything needs to have a balance. Purity is balanced out by evil, in the same way that sadness is balanced out by periods of happiness. One cannot exist without the other. There are always two forces at work, otherwise a single force has no purpose to exist.

I have always believed that everyone has the mental ability to kill. Perhaps our murderous capabilities lie dormant until they are released or triggered by someone or a particular situation.

It is strange to think of the numerous paths our lives could have taken. The subjects in a homocidal relationship usually led regular lives with no homocidal intent prior to meeting one another. Once together, a deadly union is born, and insanity sets in. Psychologists call it an 'unkown phenomenon'.
I wonder what their lives would have been like if the two people had never met.

tim
2005-02-25, 17:23
The term "soulmate" is usually heavily associated with love and happiness, and is thought of in a positive context. It is common to think of a 'soulmate' as a partner in a loving relationship, a pair that have been 'searching for each other their whole lives'.

It is interesting to think of other relationships that can exist between two or more people, incluidng ones that don't neccesarily relate to a positive union. I wonder if the term can be applied to a relationship that isn't defined by the typical attributes of love.

An interesting partnership is a homocidal one. You have two people who independantly would never have commited a murderous crime, but together, form a lethal partnership. Such partnerships are commonly driven by a strong sexual component, wether they are same sex partnerships or a man-woman partnership. This can be described as insanity shared between two people leading to criminal behaviour. Motives for murder in such a relationship can vary. Killing for experimental excercise is an interesting motive, something a homocidal couple take part of, in the same way as you may take your lover out to a dinner or movie. It is a bonding experience, intimacy.

Perhaps the term 'soulmate' can be applied to even the most insane and evil relationships, for lovers are not always pure, and a union of soulmates does not have to reffer to innocent head over heels love. A lover one classes as a 'soulmate' is like a key to your ownself. Some soulmates will unlock a future of marriage & children, and another soulmate holds the key to your evil side, your murderous side. The key to insanity. perhaps it is just a matter of which soulmate u happen to meet first.

The theory that there is only one soulmate is false, because everything needs to have a balance. Purity is balanced out by evil, in the same way that sadness is balanced out by periods of happiness. One cannot exist without the other. There are always two forces at work, otherwise a single force has no purpose to exist.

I have always believed that everyone has the mental ability to kill. Perhaps our murderous capabilities lie dormant until they are released or triggered by someone or a particular situation.

It is strange to think of the numerous paths our lives could have taken. The subjects in a homocidal relationship usually led regular lives with no homocidal intent prior to meeting one another. Once together, a deadly union is born, and insanity sets in. Psychologists call it an 'unkown phenomenon'.

you have no soul so don't even try worrying about it. and I'm NOT kidding either. I mean this.

slx
2005-02-25, 19:12
The theory that there is only one soulmate is false
i don't feel that way....

for example, kel and i, in our minds, epitomize the term soul mates...and yes there are 2 of us...just one of us or the other ouldn't be a part of that union without the other

i do believe that in this life, you will only have one soul mate...for example, with the death of your partner, you may go on to have one or more very rich, fullfilling relationships...but you will never have another soulmate

Dollar_Girl
2005-02-25, 22:24
I find the theory of having one soulmate to be truely romantic.

However I think your opinion on soulmates is strongly influenced by your love for Kel. If you have already found a soulmate, it is hard to think of someone else as being your soulmate after the death of your true love. Perhaps you are right that once u have found a soulmate, another one does not exist, but untill you have found a soulmate, there is more than one person out there who have the ability to fill that role. Once you have spent time with your soulmate, you are forever changed and influnced by the emotion and memory you have of your true love.

What i was trying to say was, until u meet your true love, life is a gamble when it comes to partnerships. You are blessed to have found your GOOD soulmate, creating a positive union, but what if, instead, you had never met kel, and had found your evil soulmate instead? someone who brought out the worst in you, and triggered your anger, your evil, instead of your peacefulness and joy? What if, instead of having dogs running around your house, u had like frozen human heads in the freezer?

Your union with kel is a joyus one, because you appear to be a content and peaceful person. Maybe if ou were living in a different country you would never have met Kel, instead u met mel, your evil soulmate...

it's all about possibilites.

Without external pressure our bodies would explode, and without internal pressure, our bodies would be crushed. Only while the two exist, can life go on in neutrality. Everything once tipped off the neautral scale has the possiblity to either take a good turn or negative turn.

slx
2005-02-25, 23:28
However I think your opinion on soulmates is strongly influenced by your love for Kel. If you have already found a soulmate, it is hard to think of someone else as being your soulmate after the death of your true love. i agree & it's a fact, at this point in our lives we're both very much influenced by the other....however we both were married before meeting and spent many years looking or.........waiting

nicobie
2005-02-26, 00:06
Dollar,

Don't kill him.

tim
2005-02-26, 00:07
I cannot wait to read the drivel that eclectica will post in this thread. I will lap it up greedily like a cum-hungry dog when he does.

hi nicboie.

eclectica
2005-02-26, 02:19
Soulmate is not a word that I use in my vocabulary, so prior to Dollar actually bringing up the subject I had a vague sense of its definiton. To me it meant the perfect match for someone, in the sense of lovers who were made for each other.

I just asked my wife Tata what she thought the meaning of "soulmate" is and she said it is someone who you could spend the rest of your life with on a deserted island. Then I asked her if she thought that the two of us were soulmates and she said no.

I don't think of my wife as my soulmate if it means we have to be identical, because we are not the same type of person. But I could spend the rest of my life with her, and since the first day I met her, I felt that way. She is less romantic than I am and has a more pessimistic outlook towards our relationship than I do, because she is more pessimistic by nature.

I don't believe that there is only one soulmate for a person on Earth, because the odds of the two finding each other would be small. Perhaps 1 out of 10,000 people can be your soulmate. But I think when you find that person it will feel like the person is the only one on Earth who you could feel that way about.

As I said before I don't think of my wife as my soulmate because we are different types of people. So as I now start thinking about what soulmate means, I think of it instead as meaning people who are right for each other like lovers as I initially defined it, to instead mean people who have a lot in common with each other.

Do you want to spend the rest of your life with your soulmate, and would that be adequate for your needs? I am starting to think that a soulmate would have to be the same gender as you in order to have a lot in common with you. So if you could love your soulmate that would be a homosexual relationship. Or maybe you are heterosexual, but are capable of having a homosexual relationship only with your soulmate. Masturbation is a bit of a homosexual act because you are touching the genitals of your own gender. If two identical twins had sex with each other, would it be called masturbation, homosexuality, or incest?

I think there are two possible definitions of soulmate: 1> people who are lovers and feel that they are made for each other, and 2> people who have a lot in common with each other to the point of being almost identical. I think of my wife and I as being soulmates in the first sense, of being good in a relationship together and being able to spend time with her without anyone else. That is the nature of the love that exists between lovers: in the lover you have elements of a friend, a parent (your partner takes care of you), a child (you take care of your partner), a sibling, and a sexual partner. I think the love is complete between lovers and therefore lovers don't feel the need for anyone else. But if a person is lonely then hanging out with friends or family will not be an adequate substitute for what a lover can provide.

mekajinn
2005-02-26, 02:24

pretty miserable i guess...

i've been pretty mean and horrible to u on several occassions on this board...

i just want to say i'm really sorry... there's no real excuse... just me... i'm a bastard sometimes... quite a lot of the time the last year or so... you've been quite restrained in comparison, thus showing urself to be the better person i suppose...

i always found u to be a vivacious and intelligent person, beautiful on many levels, and i hope that u will always have people to tell u so in case u forget.

tim
2005-02-26, 03:32
pretty miserable i guess...

i've been pretty mean and horrible to u on several occassions on this board...

i just want to say i'm really sorry... there's no real excuse... just me... i'm a bastard sometimes... quite a lot of the time the last year or so... you've been quite restrained in comparison, thus showing urself to be the better person i suppose...

i always found u to be a vivacious and intelligent person, beautiful on many levels, and i hope that u will always have people to tell u so in case u forget.

a post or two from now he will be calling her a cum swilling whore again.
don't bother replying to me it isn't worth it. you know it yourself..and I don't mean this literally it may take as long as three weeks but you heard it called here first, folks.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-26, 06:04
wouldn't put it past U! :p j/k

anyway here is my overly large 2 cents

i think the idea of having one soulmate is silly

see it is true what Tim said
we do not have a soul

like a substance moving from pearl to pearl is the idea of reincarnation (in the tibetan tradition) and rebirth (in the hindu tradition)

soulmates would have to have met before to have that link

i do not think anyone has met anyone else before

it is just them but theirself is empty of self

(it is hard to say these things lol)

basically they say that the soul is the true self then why inreincarnation is it totaly new and innocent

it is new!

it has never been before and never will be

but it will in a way because of Gods position

God wanted a surprise and is sitting here, reading this, etc

i feel that i am my own soulmate if there is such a thing but also that everryone else is aswell

but mates do not always get on
even soulmates have differences or opinions and judgements

why it is best to treat all as neither friends or enemies but something beyond that

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-26, 06:10
remember all is and is not
all is permanently impermanent
all that is disconected is connected because all that can be connected can be disconnected
and even if there is a self u would not own it
empty is full is empty

mekajinn
2005-02-26, 11:57
a post or two from now he will be calling her a cum swilling whore again.
don't bother replying to me it isn't worth it. you know it yourself..and I don't mean this literally it may take as long as three weeks but you heard it called here first, folks.

hey tim... nice to hear from you. I hope your life has improved since i last addressed you...

unfortunately i notice that your mind doesn't appear to have grown much.

mekajinn
2005-02-26, 12:06
remember all is and is not
all is permanently impermanent
all that is disconected is connected because all that can be connected can be disconnected
and even if there is a self u would not own it
empty is full is empty

i think the soul does exist... but it is a self defined entity... it is the essence of being, the core of your life philosophy maybe... but it can just as easily be defined as 'who i am' perhaps.

nicobie
2005-02-27, 01:37
That's a nice thing to have said.

tim
2005-02-27, 02:43
That's a nice thing to have said.

I said it first.

mekajinn
2005-02-27, 10:02
I said it first.

i think it likely, in the entire history of the english language, that the odds are someone said it before u.

That makes u a liar sir, and may ur fingers and keyboard be damned.

cat
2005-02-27, 22:42
I think we are all reflections of the same soul.

Therefore we are all soulmates. :flower:

nicobie
2005-02-28, 00:28
I think we are all reflections of the same soul.

:flower:

U mean we are cloned from a cow? or a u-bangie?

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-01, 05:57
cat very nice idea
but theres some thing about it that may seem obvious but are not how we act towards (or against ) reality
it constantly changes
is that permanent?

sound comes from silence
why not another type of vibration?

thats nothingness

there is no nothing though because it does not exist to us
we cannot percieve nothing

so it is all based on perceptions

looker-looked
smeller-smelt
toucher-touched
taster-tasted
thinker-thing
hearer-heard

these exist seperately in delusion
but in reality they are all aspects of the same thing

but that thing is not a thing

sure there is stuff but it has no definition or boundary

what the jews called God early on was "without bundaries"

i believe that is God but is not the god some people think of

the game cannot go on forever and being confused does not help at all lol

im happy people can discuss this id like to hear more from u guys

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-01, 06:12
the same is true with the cow nic

though it is not a soul

it is what is

it has no limiting description or ability or intelligence or intuition or anything
even that statement is limiting

just see it as an ocean without an end
you could hardly call it an ocean

say the water gathered in waves and they believed they were seperate

we are all aspects of something but that something impossible to make a make a map of for others

and one day u drop the map

freedom

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-01, 16:26
i can see why christian, hindus, jews n such eternal soulers believe in the soul as eternal

the soul is of life an death
but it is not personality
just energy

but they see that energy as eternal because they have not gone beyond it

like so many have had cosmic consciousness but not nirvana and they say the soulis eternal

perhaps because to them they only go for good karma which only gives them time in heaven till karma runs out

there is little to do in perfect heaven but wait

"soul" is of life and death

nirvana is to go beyond it

there is movement of energy based and the pattern determines where it goes
judgement alright

just a little piece of insight i got after talking to Tim
always after :p
oh well enjoy dude

feedback is nice too ;)

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-01, 16:30
and son of a bitch means of the nature of a bitch
son of God?
my little piece of semi-relevant information

The Passion
2005-03-02, 07:56
lol

I am drunk

haha

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-02, 21:39
now they meant turning water into wine as a joke
not serious

you didn't have to go and do it :p

but seriously what two things walk on water and and turn water into wine and shine light into peoples lives

the sun and the son

;)

not like it is something new
just the ignorant masses have never looked and if they have they have turned away

whatever works for ya :)

and note on one of my earlier posts

why u guys think earth has good and bad?
i think it is cause it is the middle path of life and death
a bit of perfection and imperfection
in true reality (transendental perhaps) neither exist

Criminal_Sniper
2005-03-03, 05:29
just a thought
most so called "soulmate" relationships ar ebased on the egoic level

which i believe is destroyed after death
only the energy is retained

not hard to believe
child to an adult
seed to tree

the energy is there
the essence
but not the same

but i do not think this is a permanent or unchanging force that has any destiny other that moving around the cycle of life and death until it has "risen above"

past the imagination or logic though because on and off contrast in the worldy existance

simple really
just patterns and cycles