View Full Version : Default settings

tim
2005-02-12, 22:26
Would it be possible to have the amount of time you have to wait before sending pm's decreased from 300 to maybe 60?

I forget what the time limit is between posts but I think 30seconds would be nice if this is possible. thanks.

eclectica
2005-02-14, 17:46
I've never been much of a fan of PMs because they work against the whole notion of a public forum. But people have different ways of operating on forums and the functionality they get out of them, so I have to allow for that diversity by supporting their needs too. I changed the PM floodcheck from 300 to 120 seconds, and the forum posting floodcheck remains unchanged at 60 seconds.

tim
2005-02-14, 19:27
I've never been much of a fan of PMs because they work against the whole notion of a public forum. But people have different ways of operating on forums and the functionality they get out of them, so I have to allow for that diversity by supporting their needs too. I changed the PM floodcheck from 300 to 120 seconds, and the forum posting floodcheck remains unchanged at 60 seconds.

Thankyou.
This is either the squeaky wheel gettin' greased or the nail that stood up about to be hammered down. I hope for the former in this case. :tu:

eclectica
2005-02-14, 20:30
Don't thank me; I'm just doing my job.

Besides, I look forward to getting a 150% increase in PMs from you.