View Full Version : some private section

Semiblind
2005-01-04, 05:25
looks like there is all kinda cool shiat here

eclectica
2005-01-04, 10:56
Hey GG :)

I was wondering why you only had zero posts after making a post, and then I realized posts in this forum didn't count towards the post total until I changed it.

There's some good stuff here, though the warez scene is not what it used to be. And it is not because the BSA is strong, but because there is so much open source and good freeware that people don't want their proprietary crap anymore. For example, I've got a copy of Microsoft Office XP, yet after formatting my hard drive I installed Open Office instead of the Microsoft bloatware. That's what the future holds for the warez scene. Soon enough the BSA will be encouraging people to run warez sites when they realize a non-paying customer is better than no customer at all, because they don't lose any money and the popularity of their product is increased.

Semiblind
2005-01-04, 11:29
im curious about something... I could have sworn i had registered here before, did something happen to the db? or am i just loosing my mind? Either way, its been a while since ive been here, the place is lookin real nice.

assorted
2005-01-05, 03:02
Is there really stuff here? I thought he was being sarcastic...

eclectica
2005-01-05, 14:12
im curious about something... I could have sworn i had registered here before, did something happen to the db?

I deleted a lot of users with zero posts a few months ago. The database has been intact since 2003-04-28.

Semiblind
2005-01-10, 09:28
I deleted a lot of users with zero posts a few months ago. The database has been intact since 2003-04-28.

that was prolly it then :)

eclectica
2005-03-10, 23:29
This private section has a lot of material here which doesn't need to be here, like this thread for example.

Over the next few days I'm going to move some material out of here into the public forums by streamlining this forum or merging some threads out of here. If material doesn't reach the public domain then it has little value, so I'll try to move as much as possible except for the material which needs to stay here.

tim
2005-03-11, 00:33
This private section has a lot of material here which doesn't need to be here, like this thread for example.

Over the next few days I'm going to move some material out of here into the public forums by streamlining this forum or merging some threads out of here. If material doesn't reach the public domain then it has little value, so I'll try to move as much as possible except for the material which needs to stay here.

what criteria are you using to determine this o' maven?

eclectica
2005-03-11, 01:23
what criteria are you using to determine this o' maven?

The only thing I have to worry about is "infringing" material, but everything else can be moved. In the end I bear the responsibility for any decision because I am the one who would deal with the webhoster. Some of you folks have posted stuff here and may have thought it was "infringing", but it wasn't by my judgement, such as this thread (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?t=853), which I plan to move to the public forum.

tim
2005-03-11, 01:54
The only thing I have to worry about is "infringing" material, but everything else can be moved. In the end I bear the responsibility for any decision because I am the one who would deal with the webhoster. Some of you folks have posted stuff here and may have thought it was "infringing", but it wasn't by my judgement, such as this thread (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?t=853), which I plan to move to the public forum.

that's probably okay to move...btw I tried the joke cocker thing and it worked. I subsitituted a few other artists names and got results. After you find an ftp like that..surprisingly they are quite common..more common that I thought...you can just move up one folder higher by clicking 'parent directory' and usually find even more cool stuff.

I have a few direct links I found using that method...

The other method though I just tried and was disappointed when typing it in exactly as shown in that example because there was a lot of 'search spam' or google spam where people who know about this trick set up keywords so that their pages would show up first or high on google's list of search results.

Use the first method..its best. But if you are adventurous and aren't worried about getting trojans or viruses..you can try the second method.

nicobie, I meant some of the links returned in the second method may be traps so buyer and clicker beware and all that.

One other thing while we are on this topic. The Passion gave nanook some very bad advice to the last question she posted to him..sadly it seems she has made her decision on whom she trusts. I thought she was smarter than that...apparently not. I'm disappointed in her choosing him over me...although you get what you pay for and she paid for it with receiving yet more bad advice...so I'm gonna let her wallow in her choice and what I mean by this is that if she expects any type of security advice from 'sixxy' she's shit out of luck...the guys about as ignorant as they come in this dept leastways.