View Full Version : hair

eclectica
2004-11-30, 22:31
I just cut my hair about an hour ago. I cut it myself every three weeks or so. I use a Remington clipper which I got at KMart for around $13 and I cut it to a quarter inch length. When I was in the military in training we used to try to grab our hair with our fingers, and if able to do so, that meant it was time to cut it. Right now after cutting it I can barely grab it with my fingers.

My wife likes when my hair is long but to me it looks sloppy. I also get "hat head" or disorganized hair after sleeping when it is long. I wash my hair every day in the shower with regular bar soap that I wash the rest of my body with. If by the time I get out of the shower and get my shoes on to leave the apartment and my hair is still wet, that means it's getting too long.

I remember being younger, like around the age of eight, and hating to get hair cuts. I thought I looked better with longer hair then. Actually though my hair would look nice after showering in the evening, but it would be fucked up by the time the morning came. My father used to cut my hair with scissors. I remember one time my friend's father said after seeing my haircut that my father would be better sticking to the field of mathematics than the field of hair cutting, which I found to be funny. My father was a math professor.

My brother who is six years older than me, was seventeen years old when he got a crew cut, which was more unusual back then in the early 1980s. He also dyed his hair with hydrogen peroxide that made it a yellowish color. I got into having crew cuts in my last year of High School and since then I have always wanted to have short hair. For lack of money some times I would not get it cut except every six weeks or so, but that was solved once I bought my own clippers.

Cutting the back part is tricky because you can't see it, so what I do is hold a mirror behind my head and stand in front of the mirror cutting back there. Like shaving, it involves many runs in many directions to get it all cut nicely. Too bad it's not a clean single cut like a lawn mower. I have to go with the grain, against the grain, left to right, right to left, several times; until there are no missed spots.

My hair grows pretty thickly, like the type of hair that Mexicans, Asians, or native Americans have. My hair grows forward so I can't comb it back. When it gets wet it comes down forward. Even though my daughter is mixed racially half Black and half White, she has my hair in its basic growth form. When she was born it was straight and grew much like mine with the same appearance as mine when it got wet. You can see a picture of her at 1 month old here (http://www.tatom.org/saffronia/2002-06%20on%20couch.jpg). Since then it has gotten curly but it is not quite as frizzy as what you would expect of a mixed child. It is just curly. My wife also has relatively soft hair for a Black person, probably from her father's side from Mali, which has traces of Fulani from northern Africa.

I have my mother's type of hair. She has strong genes and not only did my daughter get her hair but she got her dimples too. My mother is half French Canadian and half Armenian, so that stubborn straight hair comes from either the Asian or the small trace of native American "Indian" from the French Canadian side.

My wife has so little hair that she doesn't even shave her legs. I am pretty hairy though and have a moderate amount of hair on my back. My daughter looks like she will be hairy when she grows older. I can see traces of hair on her back. Or maybe that is just temporary. She had hair on her forehead when she was born.

After I cut my hair I shower and vacuum the bathroom because the small hairs get all over the place and drive me crazy. Even after showering they end up itching a little. Usually one or two get into my shirt and poke sideways. I've noticed that the hairs come off easier in the shower if I haven't showered in a while. This runs opposite to what I would have expected. I discovered this one day when I showered in the morning, and then an hour later I decided to cut my hair and shower again. So I thought that the hairs would come off really easily because I had just showered and they wouldn't be sticking to any of my body oils. But it turned out that I had a great deal of difficulty removing the hairs in that shower. So I figured later that having the natural oils on the body that build up through time, would make it easier for the hairs to come off during the shower because hairs would stick to the body oil and the soap would then remove them from the body more easily. But if the body is clean already then the hairs are harder to remove.

slx
2004-12-01, 04:02
gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair
shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
give me down to there, hair!
shoulder length, longer

get a pet trimmer....they come with several different lenght attachments, then just buzz cut it when you need a poodle clip....it'll all be the same lenght as the attachment you use

i've not used a barber since i was a small child...i always cut my own. while in the military i used to earn xtra bucks cutting dudes hair

Dollar_Girl
2004-12-01, 09:46
i drop about $150 when i go to the hair dresser. i go about once every 3 months. because of the length of my hair, everything i have done is double in price. I like to take good care of my hair, and i never blow dry or use heat products on it, because i don't like the dry and dull look it gives my hair. i always condition and buy shampoo for 8 dollars and conditioner seperate for another 8 dollars. then i also get special deep moisture conditioner which i use once a week, which costs $40 dollars a tub. I have bought a coule of hair products like hair smoother and leave in conditioner, but i rarely use them. I just like a good shampoo and conditioner and naturally dried hair.

I used to cut my hair all off during summer, but for the past few years i have been growing my hair and now it is quite long. I also have very thick hair, which is one of the reasons i spend so much in maintaining it. if i don't look after my hair, and it becomes dull and lifeless it just makes my over-all apperance look untidy and unhealthy.

my arm hairs are very light, just a light golden brown. my friend has very dark hair, and she shaves her arms because the hair is so dark.

My eyebrows are uneven in hair thickness. my right eyebrow has more hair.

when i was born i had black hair. then as a toddler i had white-blonde hair, and then my hair turned a light chocolately brown. I do not like my natural hair colour and i usually dye it a milk-chocolate colour and have golden hi-lights put through it. i have grown out of having bright red hair etc.

both my parents have dark black hair. my father looks a bit like a gypsy. i have his height, but my face takes after my mother. my mother has slightly darker arm hair than me.

Dollar_Girl
2004-12-01, 12:49
some moron text messaged me and said i am a compulsive liar, because i 'lied' about my fathers hair colour. please note, his hair is now grey, because he is old. it has however, always been, genetically jet black.

nicobie
2004-12-02, 01:38
I was a towhead till about 6 or 7. Then I turned blonde. Now my hair is light brown thinking about grey.

nanook
2004-12-02, 13:35
Wow, you guys really love the hair. lol. I use to keep long hair, but like Eclectica, I've shaved it into a crew. It's brown. That's as detailed as I'll get people.

nicobie
2004-12-03, 00:26
That's as detailed as I'll get people.

Wise.

I keep waiting for the shower drain to start getting clogged.

-GS-
2004-12-03, 12:05
Im a Silverback.

:flush:

eclectica
2004-12-04, 06:14
Im a Silverback.

That sounds like a gorilla. I know this dude at work who is a supervisor named Mack who looks like a dumb ape, so a lot of people call him Silverback instead of Mack.

My wife's brothers call me The Great White Ape or George of the Jungle.

eclectica
2004-12-26, 19:43
I just got out of the shower and noticed I have white chest hairs now. There are maybe six on the upper part of my chest. I noticed the first white on my head when I was sixteen years old. I now have some white hairs on my head around my ears. One time when I was in college I grew a beard and it came out spotty rather than full looking. I actually have four different colors of hair: brown, black, blonde, and white, all mixed together. The black hairs seem to grow thicker and they form in the goatee section on my face. There's no such thing as grey hair on the small scale. Grey hair is actually a mixture of white hair and black hair. Some people when they grow beards, have a different color than their hair color. A person with brown hair may have a red beard. When people get grey, their eyebrows get grey last after other parts of the body. I'm not sure at what stage the pubes go, as those aren't publicly available for study on the general population.

Dollar_Girl
2004-12-27, 12:11
i noticed that people who have very hairy bodies tend to have short pubic hair, and people who have little hair on their bodies have thicker pubic hair.

Asian women have thicker strands of hair. It is a bit like straw to touch.

I have very light arm hairs etc, but my pubic hair is darker than my natural hair colour.

The hairs on my upper arms are a fine golden blonde, and the lower down my arm u get, the slightly darker the shade of hair. When you get to my wrist, the hairs are a fine golden brown.

people with dark hair tend to go grey earlier. My father also had his first grey hairs when he was about 16.

I had a friend in the later years of highschool who was 16 and fully grey.

I know a girl in her 20s whos pubic hair went stark grey after she experienced the shock of a car accident. who knows the cause though.

mekajinn
2004-12-30, 17:35
i noticed that people who have very hairy bodies tend to have short pubic hair, and people who have little hair on their bodies have thicker pubic hair.

Asian women have thicker strands of hair. It is a bit like straw to touch.

I have very light arm hairs etc, but my pubic hair is darker than my natural hair colour.

The hairs on my upper arms are a fine golden blonde, and the lower down my arm u get, the slightly darker the shade of hair. When you get to my wrist, the hairs are a fine golden brown.

people with dark hair tend to go grey earlier. My father also had his first grey hairs when he was about 16.

I had a friend in the later years of highschool who was 16 and fully grey.

I know a girl in her 20s whos pubic hair went stark grey after she experienced the shock of a car accident. who knows the cause though.

u need my sms messages... mainly because unless ur fighting someone u really are the dullest little blob of humanity that has ever been... as proved by the above post.

further to that u need to touch more asian womens' hair... ur sample group isn't big enough to form any opinion on that which you so assuredly speak... what u really mean is... "i know an asian woman who has hair a bit like straw"... the way u dress up ur almost racist rhetoric belies your authority (or rather lack of...) on this subject.

I have been lucky enough to feel the hair of many asian women, pubic and otherwise, and in my PERSONAL opinion, as long as the hair wasn't full of shit then I found it pleasing... much the same as people really.

anyway, i look forward to the next episode of "The Stereotypes Of Dollar"... perhaps u will meet a great French cook, or a great Italian lover... a black guy who has a big cock, or maybe even a German who has no sense of humour.

well... thanks for this small amount of fun over xmas... i hope a reindeer shat in ur bed or something.

Dollar_Girl
2004-12-30, 22:52
Asian woman do tend to have courser hair because it is thicker per strand. Perhaps in stating that most asian women have extremely dark hair is bordering on 'racist' also?

mediterranean women tend to have thicker skin therefore they are less prone to fine wrinkles when they age, but more prone to sagging skin.

women with fine skin are more prone to early wrinkling but less prone to sagging. they can start seeing wrinkles in their mid 20's.

I guess stating that men tend to have thicker skin means i am bordering on being sexist?

as for : French cook, or a great Italian lover... a black guy who has a big cock, or maybe even a German who has no sense of humour

yeah i've met all of those, lovely people all of them. :eatout:

mekajinn
2004-12-30, 23:54
Asian woman do tend to have courser hair because it is thicker per strand. Perhaps in stating that most asian women have extremely dark hair is bordering on 'racist' also?

mediterranean women tend to have thicker skin therefore they are less prone to fine wrinkles when they age, but more prone to sagging skin.

women with fine skin are more prone to early wrinkling but less prone to sagging. they can start seeing wrinkles in their mid 20's.

I guess stating that men tend to have thicker skin means i am bordering on being sexist?

as for : French cook, or a great Italian lover... a black guy who has a big cock, or maybe even a German who has no sense of humour

yeah i've met all of those, lovely people all of them. :eatout:

please feel free, at any point, to furnish us with references, charles darwin... or perhaps if i had done a beauty therapist course i would know what u say is true.

i would imagine u do meet all sorts of people in your line of work heh... btw it was prancer that shat in ur bed... he's a good lad aye.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-12, 21:15
i had a girlfriend called michelle (now just friend :P) who was from malaysia and she had hair that was down past her ass but was too thick to put up at all
was pretty cool
but like all hair it gets annoying at times
but unless you want to look like one of those cats id keep it

i havent cut my hair in three years
dude was trimming his pubes on harold & kumar
thought that was pretty funny
in the other guys room too

hilarious

i do not think racism is pointing out someone has thick hair
it's just another extreme that breeds ignorance

just not judging is what we need to do
no more dividing
we are of one race in any case
the human one

like a red rose competing to white one

only when you look at it like that does it become a bit silly

meditteranean diet have more olive oil
nice skin yes
why i like spanish women

Semiblind
2005-03-08, 10:05
When i got fired from my job about 18 months ago money was VERY tight. I collected unemployment for a while and was making more like that than my girlfriend (she was pretty possed about that...lol) Things were rough, bills started to pile up...and the snowball began...anyway, one of the things i did was decide to skip any kind of haircut...id rather put the $20 into my gas tank so i could drive rather than pay for a haircut. Here ( http://www.semiblind.com/pics/studio/large/studio30.jpg My eyes are closed ) is a pic of me after my hair had grown out a bit (about 3 months worth) It was pretty short when i was shit-canned. To this very monent i havent had a haircut. Sometimes i enjoy the long hair, others i just fucking hate it. Showering now uses much more shampoo and conditioner than before...i swipe the shampoo from the hotel i work at and Suave has conditioner for a buck a bottle so everything is nice and cheap there...lol Here ( http://www.semiblind.com/pics/memories010105/large/Semiblind%2015.jpg ) is a pic of me from 1/1/05....about a year from the first pic....anyway, i dont remember where i was goin with this...so there are the pics...i might put another up if i let the camera steal another piece of my soul anytime soon.

eclectica
2005-03-08, 11:19
That long hair is perfect for the headbanger look.

Semiblind
2005-03-08, 11:25
That long hair is perfect for the headbanger look.

That it is. I have thought a little bit about getting it cut short again...sometimes it just seems like a hassle

tim
2005-03-08, 13:03
if i let the camera steal another piece of my soul

haha...I enjoy your posts, Semiblind. I am from NC and could have sworn I have heard your band (by the same name) being advertised on local radio here...maybe sometime in the nineties? I'm bad with time so I couldn't say for sure just when the advertisement was heard..but it was for 95.1 which I think was Wroq or something like that. Don't remember where you were playing and it could have been more recent than that.

Semiblind
2005-03-09, 04:05
haha...I enjoy your posts, Semiblind. I am from NC and could have sworn I have heard your band (by the same name) being advertised on local radio here...maybe sometime in the nineties? I'm bad with time so I couldn't say for sure just when the advertisement was heard..but it was for 95.1 which I think was Wroq or something like that. Don't remember where you were playing and it could have been more recent than that.

There may have been another band by the name Semiblind, maybe there still is...but i own the .com, and it comes up #1 when you search google for semiblind...thats all i care about. As for the other band maybe it was Third Eye Blind, or Semisonic? Both are from the early 90's time. I was in High school in TX from 95 - 99 so it couldnt have been me...and the fact that this band didnt form until around Nov of 2003...who knows...lol