View Full Version : lunar eclipse

eclectica
2004-10-28, 02:25
Starting right now. It will be totally eclipsed 02:23 GMT through 03:45 GMT.

Dollar_Girl
2004-10-28, 03:45
a lunar eclipse is one of my favourite sights in the sky. i remember the last one i watched, it was in the middle of winter, and i was sitting outside in one of those beach chairs, freezing my arse off really late in the night. The moon went blood red before the eclipse happened... and when the eclipse did happen, i saw a multitude of shooting stars, one after the other... all i needed was a unicorn to come out of the bush, and it would have been like a fairy tale.

it made me wonder about all the amazing things we would see in the sky if all the lights were blocked out in the world.

tim
2004-10-28, 04:41
Starting right now. It will be totally eclipsed 02:23 GMT through 03:45 GMT.

I went out at 11:38p.m EST and I didn't see the moon at all but thought I imagined a pale pinkish hue in the air where it should have been.

nanook
2004-10-28, 12:11
Yep. It's a funny story. Firstly, I'll state that I work from 6:30 p.m. - 5:00 a.m. And at our lunch, at 11:30 p.m., We were sitting outside, freezing our asses off, playing cards, eating lunch, so people can smoke. One guy had just told us about the eclipse. So, he goes out in the middle of the area and started looking up. Well, then we did, and then everybody else did. Then to our realisation, people were coming out of the building. Reminded me of that video by Radiohead, I believe it's called "Just", (I could be wrong) anyhoo, It was pretty well full on, we called it the Pumpkin Moon. lol. Well, our last break is at 2:30 a.m., and that is when we got to see it moving out of the line of the moon, where it showed the definition of the actual eclipse. Very cool. Was my first. We were all laughing at ourselves, whilst all standing there looking up. Must have been a sight.