View Full Version : I hate to say this

tim
2004-10-18, 07:03
but most of the people posting here ARE satanists.

nanook
2004-10-18, 11:52
I'm not.

Pandemonium
2004-10-18, 12:37
and you brought this up why?

but most of the people posting here ARE satanists.

tim
2004-10-19, 02:05
and you brought this up why?

I was shocked and in disbelief when I first formed this revelation.
don't take it personally.

tim
2004-10-19, 02:09
It is worth discussing because up until recently I had always viewed myself a christian and only after briefly studying some satanic material did I realise my beliefs lined up more with satanism than christianity.
Crimina_Sniper and I have have discussed at length the basic most fundamental principles of satanism without realising it.
I was in shock and disbelief to find myself a satanist.

nanook
2004-10-19, 13:11
Well, dude, if you believe in satan, then you must believe in God, as well.
Good and evil, can't have one without the other, so make your choice. It's really that easy.

tim
2004-10-19, 18:21
Good and evil, can't have one without the other, so make your choice. It's really that easy.

the funny thing tho is that satanist has nothing to do with 'the devil'. Its a common misconception.

Pandemonium
2004-10-20, 03:58
i believe in neither.....

but then i am a pagan...witch, but not wiccan.

tim
2004-10-20, 06:07
I have heard the term pagan from biblical references stemming from casual reading of the niv version....not seminary or anything like that.
I'm not entirely familiar with what paganism actually is or for that matter what a 'pagan' is.
Please know I'm not looking for a fight here when speaking about beliefs.
Try to forgive me if I am offensive in a few of the things that I say as I feel it may be necessary to invoke vile imagery at times to emphasise certain key points.
I'd ask you to describe for me your beliefs only it would be like holding a single individual accountable for the actions of their race which is just stupid and impractical to do.
The differences between witch and wiccan I would love to hear you differentiate between those two and what makes them separate from the other.
Remember that one witch cannot speak for all witches only his/her self in the same way one christian isn't equally representative the all christians.

I'm going through a period of expanding conciousness right now where I am learning from everyone and everything around me.
My world has been very small most of my life because of ignorance that other things existed outside of my limited vision.
As I embrace knowledge I see my tolerance and acceptance increasing of the diversity in others.
I'm so very happy to be different from others and enjoy the differences we have. I find it very enjoyable.
Thank-you for sharing anything you wish to share about your beliefs.
Maybe I'm looking for more non-Christian theology here now than I have in the past.
I feel a little like the apostle paul on the road to damascus. He was going to chastize christians and had an encounter with Christ which changed his life greatly.
I've embraced knowledge and am now finding myself rejecting the very things I was warned of damnation for doing.
I question my beliefs and am becoming enlightened through the freedom of thoughful expression that stems from rejecting religious beliefs.
Quite possibly I'm working toward holding no beliefs at all.
That may be the ultimate in enlightenment to be free from faith.

Pandemonium
2004-10-20, 06:56
ok...pagan

the umbrella which most alternative religion falls under..this includes: wicca, witch, asatru, and druidism

its more the catergory of the religion than an actual religion...

wiccan...believes in gods and goddesses instead of all things having energy...there are solitary wiccans, and wiccan covens, usually has a period of 1 year plus a day where you study all you can and decide if you want to follow the path....(i am going on my third year, although i prefer to be called pagan, because i use what i want out of what i learned) not all wiccans would describe themselves the same,

witch - practices magick and can be of any religion

you can be a pagan and a witch

you can be a pagan and a wiccan

you can be a witch and a wiccan

or you can be all three if you want.

Every wiccan is a pagan, but not every pagan is a wiccan....

i love that line.

tim
2004-10-20, 14:30
i use what i want out of what i learned

I think that is the key point here for everyone. we don't blindly accept anything without reasoning and we receive only what we reason to be of value to us.

nanook
2004-10-21, 13:56
Maybe you're right then, referring to your initial post.
You're all satanist. lol.
I'll just state that I believe in God and the devil. Good and evil exist in the world. You have your own will to believe what you want.
I'll respect whatever any of you choose.

Pandemonium
2004-10-21, 23:27
Had that same conversation with my daughter two days ago. She is mormon and made the comment that my cousin needed to find jesus. i told her that if i was lenient enough to allow them to find the religion they wanted, i expected the same leniency from them where others are concerned.

she says...what do you mean...

i said...well apparently my cousin doesnt want to find jesus or has found him in his own way.....it isnt your decision on how or if he does.

Maybe you're right then, referring to your initial post.
You're all satanist. lol.
I'll just state that I believe in God and the devil. Good and evil exist in the world. You have your own will to believe what you want.
I'll respect whatever any of you choose.

Drake
2004-10-25, 01:54
Some people take religion way too seriously. One of my co-workers told me that she prays 3 times a day and that it makes her feel better. I replied by saying that it's good that it makes her feel better. She then asked me if I pray and when I said no, she looked surprised and questioned why I didn't pray.

Ever since that day, she gives me dirty looks every time she sees me and she must have told one of her friends as well because I get the same dirty looks from her too. lol

I find this whole situation hilarious. I'm tempted to start speaking in tongues one day just to scare her. ;)

Pandemonium
2004-10-25, 02:53
start wearing pentagrams...

Some people take religion way too seriously. One of my co-workers told me that she prays 3 times a day and that it makes her feel better. I replied by saying that it's good that it makes her feel better. She then asked me if I pray and when I said no, she looked surprised and questioned why I didn't pray.

Ever since that day, she gives me dirty looks every time she sees me and she must have told one of her friends as well because I get the same dirty looks from her too. lol

I find this whole situation hilarious. I'm tempted to start speaking in tongues one day just to scare her. ;)

Dollar_Girl
2004-10-25, 04:05
when it comes to doing good for the human kind, i believe there are living beings that are more worthy of worship for actually doing good, than a non-physical god who does nothing but 'watch over us'. instead of donating big money to churches, people should donate more money for breast cancer research, or stem cell research etc, and all the time spent praying and hanging up jesus posters on the wall, could have been spent playing with your kids, or dare i say it, doing something like picking up rubbish from the gardens.

nanook
2004-10-25, 08:46
when it comes to doing good for the human kind, i believe there are living beings that are more worthy of worship for actually doing good, than a non-physical god who does nothing but 'watch over us'. instead of donating big money to churches, people should donate more money for breast cancer research, or stem cell research etc, and all the time spent praying and hanging up jesus posters on the wall, could have been spent playing with your kids, or dare i say it, doing something like picking up rubbish from the gardens.

Well, let's live and let live, but in the end, I think we could donate money to more than one thing, and most probably, hang posters, while still having time to spend with loved ones. Doing good for mankind is something we can all do, regardless of religion.
Gosh darn it, it just makes ya feel good!

nicobie
2004-10-26, 01:18
could have been spent playing with your kids, or dare i say it, doing something like picking up rubbish from the gardens.

u go gurrl :)

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-21, 14:06
lol satanists

in my faith i move against being rigid and forming only one way of looking at things
enjoying others opinions can help with that

Tim the aim IS to drop belief
because with it goes judging and self centeredness
the only thing stopping u from being unified with God is a belief in it

because our terms can only give an approximation it is never good enough to grasp something so subtle

God is an experience
but God is not everything
The human realm is the best point to work from
Gods know no pain and make no effort to rise above it

we are all waves that do not see the ocean
same shit different smell is basically how it goes

some people say that there is no guy up there doing it all but the act of it happening is where the intelligence is itself

do i have satanist ideas?
well i share some hindu, buddhist, christian, sikh, confucian, taoist, muslim, jewish , druid, etc ideas
not all of the ideas that each religion has is the best
but i think that is a problem with mystical experience

it is intuitive and spontaneous
not logical and linear like relative knowledge (knowledge of this world)

Jesus, Buddha, Krishna etc all explained thing in the best way possible

some used mythology

one problem is that some forgot that is was just symbolic truth
another is that some parts have been distorted over time and sometimes is has been accident and sometimes it was on purpose for horrible reasons

i think it all gets taken too far

the first thing people do when talking about religion is to attack or defend it or refuse it

i think we need to use it in everyday life because there are many sides to life and it is one of them

but it can change all parts of life

Jesus was enlightened which means he saw the interconnectedness of life

but we are not taught that or led towards that (very well) in modern christianity

thats why i went for buddhism which dives deeply into the mind and feelings and basic things like that (basic? :p)

Tim there is a road to walk so focus on the road
one day the path indeed is removed

$girl the church is not all evil
not that i mind but it is only for ur good
but try to understand the good some other people are trying to do

growing up in christian countries what can we expect?
some of the
strongest for and against are in christian countries
think about it

lol i've been both in my life

tim
2005-02-21, 14:20
I did not bother reading what you wrote.
My comments are only to say:
My how things have changed.
and to caution you (Crimian) that you had better stop (posting here again) before you get sucked back into this ritualistic rut you were in before when we all wasted so much time here.

nicobie
2005-02-23, 01:30
There must be life after death...

fookin' tttimmy the dillweed is back.

Next time let's use a silver bullet or a stake to the heart.

slx
2005-02-23, 14:12
There must be life after death...

Next time let's use a silver bullet or a stake to the heart.
lol....nic....from all indications, you must be getting close to the object of obsession.....rather than being so close that you can place a stake in the heart of take proper aim with the silver bullet might i suggest that instead......

that you wear a clove of garlic around your neck at all times....this will be things at bay, away from your sight...

nicobie
2005-02-24, 00:36
that you wear a clove of garlic around your neck at all times....this will be things at bay, away from your sight...

:) right now I'm eating home cooked beans with onions and a ton-O-garlic.

tim
2005-02-24, 06:43
:) right now I'm eating home cooked beans with onions and a ton-O-garlic.

I like garlic and I finally read what you wrote...Good stuff, crimian! :tu:

Criminal_Sniper
2005-02-26, 05:32
im glad u took the time to read it
and hope u enjoyed it
when im on rant i can have some good things to say
but it is like picture
i do not know if i will ever get to 1000 words that help with the description on what i understand and experience

we all can try our best

i have garlic in my soup tonight
leek garlic potatoe n such yummo

Dollar_Girl
2005-04-21, 15:35

it's interesting that alot of people pray to god for help, yet when asked, they say they dont' believe in an interventionist god. Why do people pray for gods help if they don't believe that he can intervene in the functioning of things.

tim
2005-04-21, 22:41
it's interesting that alot of people pray to god for help, yet when asked, they say they dont' believe in an interventionist god. Why do people pray for gods help if they don't believe that he can intervene in the functioning of things.

lol, just listen to the song and be quiet. :zippy:

badfish_76
2005-04-21, 22:45
Man, I am really not down with that devil dude. He ain't my type. See The sig line? What do you think it means?

Some garlic cloves could be handy tho!

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-22, 02:11
people take everything serious

genuine sure is good but serious is very stiff and dusty

religion is a practice of becoming unified with what is and knowing what it is where it comes from and where it goes

most westerners get a bad idea of religion because of christianity
some know nothing better

they are all retellings of old realisations
some with different way of saying it and influencing people to ask questions

The Passion
2005-04-27, 19:17
I love Satan

and lol @ u timmay! preaching about satanism when you are an immoral cess pool of rotting filth that will never have anyone to love in real life :)

tim
2005-04-28, 10:58
I love Satan

and lol @ u timmay! preaching about satanism when you are an immoral cess pool of rotting filth that will never have anyone to love in real life :)

you don't know about that...and by 'you don't know about that' I am referring to having someone to love in real life...and furthur more why would that even matter to you? is that something you wish and hope for that I don't have anyone to love offline?
If so what does that say about you? I will answer for no one else has the balls to answer. It says you are cruel.
I'm also not preaching satanism and to avoid the cliche of 'learn to read fool then learn to understand what you read' I will say this instead:
I was playing devil's advocate and trying to stir up some conversation..honestly I am a christian and I follow Christ pure and simple.

Criminal_Sniper
2005-04-28, 22:24
honestly the reason im not a christian is not the morals it is the authoratively written book that seems to have so many contradictions telling me to believe something because someone has told me i need to or deserve punishment

not very tolerant to me

faith without belief is my path
experience may be esoteric to some but it the only way to truth

not knowing logically

we can fool ourselves into thinking we are good people when we are bad people

shows u where the grace of god is
in those who know and practice
not by those whop think they know enough of the bible to justify certain intellectual positions
intellectual truth somes from experience like science
and there is an element of it in the purification of the mind
inner wisdom its called
which is what most of the church fathers looked for

just a retelling
an another imperfect one at that