View Full Version : dilema

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-19, 06:39
so the day before yesterday my boss decided in order to save money, he is cutting my wages by four dollars an hour, by making me parttime perminant, while all the other girls will remain on the wage they have now. So i will be the only one working for the reduced wage.

anyway, after i was told i was getting a pretty big pay cut, i was kinda feeling down and sad. Then yesterday my boss starts yelling at me telling me i have a serious attitude problem, and that he doesn't like the fact that i don't like that i am getting a paycut. then he says i should be greatful towards him that he had given me work for the past 11 months, and he then started yelling at me for being an ungreatful liar. When my boyfriend was sick on my day off, i was getting ready to go to the hospital, then late in the evening my boss rings and says one of the girls called in sick and that they need me to come in, and i said no because i am going to the hospital to see my boyfriend. The said 'can't you do it later? i really need u to work." and i said NO. So my boss thinks i lied about that, that is why he called me an ungreatful liar. He then went on to yell that if i EVER act ungreatful towards him again then "YOU WILL SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO U", meaning, he is threatening to fire me.

i don't think that is fair, because i have done them many favours... and i have put up with his whining sri lankan bullshit for a year now. i have never met a man that is more retarded and stressful to be around.

i have asked my boyfriend what i should do in regards to leaving, and he said i should first get another job and THEN tell my boss to shove his sri lankan shit hole up his really really tight arse, but i also rang my mum and spoke to her about it and she said i should tell him to shove it up his arse right now, to preserve my spirit and pride. so what do u think?

i am ratting on them to the tax department and also health inspectors. i hope their business fails, because after slaving there for months, doing 50 hour weeks under those lousy conditions, they should be greatful to ME for being so flexible and easy going.

slx
2004-09-19, 07:45
a hard pill to swallow but...

he doesn't care if you work there... in fact he's probably hoping you'll quit

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-19, 13:55
i know for a fact that he does want me there, and i know he needs me there. i am the only one there that knows how to handle the place and knows how to do everything. plus all my customers love me and he knows it. he gets away with treating me like shit because he thinks i will never leave, because i am always asking for more hours. he thinks that i will put up with anything just to have hours.

i went out job hunting today, i feel that is a positive step in making my life a bit better.

eclectica
2004-09-19, 16:04
Find another job first, but you really need to look hard as if you were unemployed. I don't know if you have caller ID but you definitely should stop answering the phone when he calls you at home. You might want to consider not showing up some days either without calling him just to get him all worked up and have fun with him. Make your own schedule, and you need a day off to look for a job or to get some sleep then by all means take it off. Tell him you have family or medical problems and you can't discuss them with him or anyone else at work because it's personal. He doesn't need to know what goes on in your life. I hope you find a new job soon.

The Passion
2004-09-20, 00:28
two words:

Letter Bomb

nicobie
2004-09-20, 00:37
Find another job first, but you really need to look hard as if you were unemployed. I don't know if you have caller ID but you definitely should stop answering the phone when he calls you at home. You might want to consider not showing up some days either without calling him just to get him all worked up and have fun with him. Make your own schedule, and you need a day off to look for a job or to get some sleep then by all means take it off. Tell him you have family or medical problems and you can't discuss them with him or anyone else at work because it's personal. He doesn't need to know what goes on in your life. I hope you find a new job soon.

I am nicobie, and I approve this message.

nanook
2004-09-20, 10:19
Dollar, I'd mos def love to see you tell this dude to just fuck-off. But as the others have stated, make sure you have another job already.
I can't understand why, when you are so needed, he lowers your wage. It doesn't make any sense. And a four dollar cut is huge, to me, anyway. Are there other factors involved. Like has he wanted you in other ways, in which you have refused? What are the other workers like? Are they all women? Are they putting out, sorta speak.
Sorry to be so blunt, but I really am confused about this situation.

eclectica
2004-09-20, 11:02
Are there other factors involved. Like has he wanted you in other ways, in which you have refused? What are the other workers like? Are they all women? Are they putting out, sorta speak.

Sometimes when you're too good of a person the people around you don't like you because you don't fit into their clique. People sense in Dollar_Girl a budding ubermensch (overman), and because of that they despise her, as the chicken will always despise the eagle for being the greater of the two.

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-20, 11:04
he is lowering my pay to save money. before i was on casual wages, now he said he wanted to make me full-time, which means a pretty big pay cut for me.

yeah all employees are girls... but he runs the place with his wife. i have many ranting posts about incidents at work in regards to my boss.

he is a shithead.

i have decided to secure another job before i leave. it's most logical.

tim
2004-09-20, 11:29
he is lowering my pay to save money. before i was on casual wages, now he said he wanted to make me full-time, which means a pretty big pay cut for me.

yeah all employees are girls... but he runs the place with his wife. i have many ranting posts about incidents at work in regards to my boss.

he is a shithead.

I haven't commented on this for numerous and varied reasons...but the things you are tellings us simply do not add up.
I still feel much is being left out here.

tim
2004-09-20, 12:36
I remember a time nearly four months ago...could have sworn this very exact thing had happened and you swore then as you say now 'i'm going to look for another job."

that was nearly four months ago...what happened...something had to happen to change your mind about staying on...what was it?

tim
2004-09-20, 12:58

he is a shithead.

if he were really doing this to save money he would cut ALL employess pay..not just yours...why do you feel he is 'singling' you out like this?
Do you feel he is singling you out?

and let me rephrase what I said earlier:

I haven't commented on this for numerous and varied reasons...but the things you are tellings us simply do not add up.
I still feel much is being left unsaid

Dollar_Girl
2004-09-20, 13:33
no he would not cut all employees pay, because they are still casual employees as they do not do enough hours to be fulltime. Some of them only do 6 hours a week.

tim
2004-09-20, 13:50
no he would not cut all employees pay, because they are still casual employees as they do not do enough hours to be fulltime. Some of them only do 6 hours a week.

is it a safe assumption that by 'casual' you mean part time?
how many people work there altogether including yourself?

and is this:

i know he needs me there. i am the only one there that knows how to handle the place and knows how to do everything. plus all my customers love me and he knows it.

a realistic perception?
Are you sugar coating or inflating your own value or worth there?

tim
2004-09-20, 13:57
and you still haven't answered the question:

what changed your mind about leaving before when THIS SAME situation arose? What influenced you to stay...because obviously you lost the desire to do so or we wouldn't be discussing this again here today.

tim
2004-09-20, 14:04
I'm speaking to your from experience..if you are really and truly as valuable as you think you are..he may feel you have him 'by the balls' so to speak and he probably recognises that you know it too....that's probably the problem he means by ur attitude..in other words you know you are too valuable to be let go.

My advice? threaten to quit and see if you don't get a raise.

If you want to be coy about it just let him know you are looking for other work...i'm trying to remember what worked for me..i just walked out on the job a few times when I was in similiar situations and or circumstances and each time I got called back...usually with a raise and or better treatment after having made a stand.

Please note this only works on smaller companies or organisations larger companies don't care...but given the relative smallness of the business (very few people work there) I'd say you stand an excellent chance of getting what you want.

tim
2004-09-20, 14:08
One more bit of advice taken from personal experience. I once stayed on with a company similiar to this for reasons of loyalty...in the end they fucked me over. I had already been accepted for a better position at another company..the boss knew I was looking for another job and offered me the promise of becoming 'assistent manager' there if I stayed on. Stupidly I stayed..the offer never materialised and the company soon went bankrupt and out of business.

Moral of the Story: Loyalty isn't as valuable a commodity as you'd think it should be in the job market...I can't express this enough.
After turning down the better job offer it made me ineligible for any future jobs available with the other company after the one I remained at close.

IF YOU GET THE CHANCE FOR A BETTER JOB OR MORE MONEY- TAKE IT!

tim
2004-09-20, 16:10
Reading This again it almost seems reasonable and that it is you who are being unreasonable here.

tim
2004-09-20, 16:11
you are letting feelings cloud ur judgement

nanook
2004-09-21, 07:17
Sometimes when you're too good of a person the people around you don't like you because you don't fit into their clique. People sense in Dollar_Girl a budding ubermensch (overman), and because of that they despise her, as the chicken will always despise the eagle for being the greater of the two.

Yes, I can see this. But I would still say shove it to a 4 dollar cut. That's just insane. If he is giving her full-time, because of her skills, then she should be getting a raise. But to save money, keep her at her present rate, with the full-time hours. What a dick. I hope you find a kick-ass job!

Criminal_Sniper
2004-09-21, 14:21
sometimes is better to take a little shit thatn have no money and starve
one thing u cannot seem to work out Tim
u come up with all these ideas that u urself could not make work
and u have comfirmed that we us

emotions are not part of it

the guy is a bastard and wants to get rid of $girl and the way he is doing it is to piss her off
but he knows he can get his worth out of her for now

im sure she is a hard worker or she would have never kept the job to fucking start with
she is right
and u know nothing of work cept that u have to do it and it pisses u off

ur just another untermensch Tim, jealous of the Ubermensch
(very well put E BTW)

she is better than u get over it dude

tim
2004-09-21, 21:23
sometimes is better to take a little shit thatn have no money and starve
one thing u cannot seem to work out Tim
u come up with all these ideas that u urself could not make work
and u have comfirmed that we us

emotions are not part of it

the guy is a bastard and wants to get rid of $girl and the way he is doing it is to piss her off
but he knows he can get his worth out of her for now

im sure she is a hard worker or she would have never kept the job to fucking start with
she is right
and u know nothing of work cept that u have to do it and it pisses u off

ur just another untermensch Tim, jealous of the Ubermensch
(very well put E BTW)

she is better than u get over it dude

my mother told me before she died that I am not above anyone or beneath anyone either. She said God made us all equally.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-09-21, 21:46
i thought u lived with ur mother
im so wrong i guess
:P
if we are all born equal then why do some sour like bad grapes?
there is not an omnipresent omniscient God

though it would be fair to say that pol pot and hitler are equal to u dude
they have the same pleasure in pain u claim to have

nanook
2004-09-23, 12:10
So, Dollar. Where do you see yourself working? Do you have any ideas yet?
You haven't posted in this thread in awhile. Hope it is going well.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-05, 15:11
hey id give people jobs but ive got none to give

tim
2004-10-05, 15:29
hey id give people jobs but ive got none to give

that's like selling a soul you don't have

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-05, 18:09
yes and I also have no soul to sell
"I" is only a collection of things shoved forwards in importance by the ego
but even I must use it to convey the message
though i recognise the truth behind that all
nite all

tim
2004-10-05, 18:13
nite all

i find this to be very funny. :O)
u can ask me why and I'll tell you it is because I think ur through explaining after having explained so much too me earlier today...you may actually really be tired. ;)

Criminal_Sniper
2004-10-06, 08:30
the body was tired yes
never the mind
i was still aware through the night
the world never stops
nor does the mind but we have such bad memories and clouded states we know not of our existance through rest periods
something along those lines i believe anyway