View Full Version : Change is a bitch

Beejus
2004-08-26, 05:29
All my friends are leaving/ have left this week for college.....

Its really starting to get to me :-/

been preparing for this since last summer...I just never really figured it would...suck....this much...

slx
2004-08-26, 05:48
they're leaving for school...

what are your plans?

Beejus
2004-08-26, 18:27
I'll be where I am for college. I'll be at the University of Maine at Machias until next Fall where I will then be at the University of Maine at Farmington.

I'm going into Social Work---which will be easy to score a job here in Maine cuz we're all so fucked up

eclectica
2004-08-26, 19:45
When I went to college I first went to a two year school where I got my Associate's degree. That is because it was the only school that accepted me out of all four that I applied to. I had bad grades in 11th grade because I was seriously depressed and lonely over this girl which I was infatuated over. The poor grades caused the rejections. My guidance counselor in high school recommended that when applying to the colleges, that I also apply to a "safe school", and that is the only one that accepted me.

I did well in the two-year school because I lived a life not of partying or lust but of devotion to what I thought were the important things in life. During college I was socially Conservative and read the Bible as well as even discarding my entire collection of CDs. I even started growing a beard.

I've never been in synch with my "peers", and by that word I mean the people who are my age who went to school with me. In early high school I was a horny dude who got shunned by cliquish prudish suburbanites for wanting to have sex at the young age of 15. Then while these same dudes switched and became hippies in college under the absence of parental authority, I had already underwent a self-imposed Conservative revolution in the end of 11th grade, that was marked by the reading of Adolf Hitler's book Mein Kampf, in order to free myself of the infatuation with the girl. I became socially Conservative, shunning things such as alcohol, drugs, and premarital sex.

I got my two year degree in Liberal Arts and then applied to a four-year University, which was easy to get into because of my good grades at college. I decided on becoming a Philosophy major and I had just one semester to go. I applied for the Army Reserves and was supposed to come back and finish that last semester. Well I came back after my four months of training in the Army Reserves and found that I no longer liked school because I realized that the kids there were in pursuit of a degree rather than knowledge. So I never got my four year degree.

bob_m
2004-08-26, 20:00
Well I came back after my four months of training in the Army Reserves and
found that I no longer liked school because I realized that the kids there
were in pursuit of a degree rather than knowledge. So I never got my four
year degree.
that must be the worst excuse for dropping out of uni ever!
:clap:
i don't believe you that you have stopped because of one tiny little semester
remaining, if it weren't for other reasons.
now honnestly:
did they kick you out?
were you afraid of the final exams?
was it too much work after turning off your brains in the military service?
(most probably)
did you fall for a chick who disliked nerds?
did god tell you to quit uni?
did the other students make fun of you?
[insert true reason here]?

eclectica
2004-08-26, 20:06
:nope:
lol, all of the above bob_m

I'm glad I was able to be in the military and have that experience without having to go fight some pointless war as is now the case in Iraq.

Beejus
2004-08-26, 22:47
Got pretty boring today with no one in the town to hang out with. What friends that are still in this town had to work today or (for my younger friends) had sports practice.

So what I did was...went along with the change.

Today is the last day that I run Windows. I went out and bought (yes I know...I paid for software..bad bad beej) SuSe 9.1 Professional and now I'm going to install it and finally give Windows a kick in the ass like they deserve.

The past week I've been researching Linux and preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. I'm no where near a pro at this, but hopefully I gained enough knowledge to make the install easy enough and to get things rolling.

So sometimes change isn't so bad...but damn...I miss my friends.

We had a good good-bye though... we all went camping together the other night and got completely smashed. It was fun. Good memory, and hopefully they'll be more times like that in the future but sadly, all I hear is people say "yeah....you'll probably never see him/her again"... but I'm trying to be optimistic on this one...

Ugh...the drama of age

eclectica
2004-08-26, 23:24
When I grew up my parents raised me to believe that the people I knew in high school weren't worthwhile and the only meaningful friends I would have would be ones I would meet in college. They were snobs in that regard.

I believe that a good friend is not one with wealth or good grades but one who has the courage to stand up for you when it's unpopular. So many people don't know the difference between gold and golden and live life with the wrong crowd or having trouble getting good friends, like my parents did for example.

My father learned how good his prestigious friends really were after he got divorced. They didn't want to associate with him after that because he was no longer of their social standing.

Beejus there's no reason why you can't be friends forever with dudes you grew up with. But it's hard to keep up a long distance relationship though. Hey, that's what forums are for, right?
:rolleyes:

Beejus
2004-08-27, 04:52
Got Linux goin good...

I don't really know how to do much right now but that will come with the days to pass...

here's a screener:

Dollar_Girl
2004-08-28, 14:26
if the friendship bond is strong, then your lives will connect again sometime in the future.

nicobie
2004-08-29, 01:37
Hey, that's what forums are for, right?

Really?

I thought they were around in order to encourage rapists like this ones does.

So who's the pervert now? :rolleyes:

:ns: ever

tim
2004-08-29, 02:12
Really?

I thought they were around in order to encourage rapists like this ones does.

So who's the pervert now? :rolleyes:

:ns: ever

whose sa therapist? some might consider this slander.

nicobie
2004-08-29, 02:19
DIE

Criminal_Sniper
2004-08-30, 14:49
yeah kill bill rocks
and linux is shaky but better
than windoze.....
try a double in philosophy and physcology that is coming up for me and im almost pissing myself :p
this is a nasty early post

Criminal_Sniper
2004-08-31, 13:30
change is good
but hard to deal with
u gotta think of what u have to gain not what u have to or have lost
good luck Beejus
p.s. u all cool with the lot of us now?
we know u love us :)
(well at least i hope a lot :D)

tim
2004-08-31, 17:21