View Full Version : A Case of the "Mondays" on a Thursday

Beejus
2004-08-19, 15:57
Start VENTING!

I'm on my lunch break right now. I went in at 5:30AM when I left work at 11:30PM last night. I'm pretty tired.

So far this morning has only been the boss complaining that we aren't moving fast enough and that we need to "focus more on the quality and satisfaction of our customers not ourselves".

God I need a real job...

/End VENTING!

tim
2004-08-19, 18:12
Start VENTING!

I'm on my lunch break right now. I went in at 5:30AM when I left work at 11:30PM last night. I'm pretty tired.

So far this morning has only been the boss complaining that we aren't moving fast enough and that we need to "focus more on the quality and satisfaction of our customers not ourselves".

God I need a real job...

/End VENTING!

Try to look at it from the perspective of the Dollar_Girl...at least you are getting paid. That's what's important here...stupid bosses exist everyplace...i'm sure you're doing your best..shit happens that can't always be controlled or explained away by placing false blame on others..as I feel is the case with ur moronic boss. I bet you and others are going as fast as you can but things still seem slow from your bosses perspective...things take time...it takes time to cook the food..if your place is busy and the line's getting held up due to this it's a natural occurrence and something that should be expected, allotted and if possible planned for.

Blaming you and others isn't gonna speed things up any..at most it just puts you under more needless stress and possibly demotivates you to worse by affecting and influencing your morale making it lower.

He shoulda kept his mouth shut..pitched in by taking a few orders or handing people their food..even cooking if that was needed..this would have been more productive then blaming others.

Some advice a former work mate gave me was this:
"If my boss told me to take the pedals off of that tricycle I would." "Even if I thought it was stupid, wrong to do so or didn't understand the reason for it I would do it without questioning it."

That was how my friend got through the day..by keeping his opinions to himself..and letting the boss realise his own mistakes by following his orders..incidentally mechanics at my place of business used to ride these over size tricycles that had a rack for carrying their tools in.

Now some advice from me from my own life and as seen in my brother's actions but also pertinent to me. I went through my life under the impression that if I didn't like something I could just quit it and mommy and daddy would be there to take care of me.

It wasn't until my father died that this illusion was destroyed. I've developed lots of social problems and anxiety during the course of my lifetime which make me dependent now upon my mother for support..it's a long story and I don't want to get into all the details and particuliars because no one here claims they care to know the reasons for why I'm so fucked up now..so i'll spare you that until asked.

Anyway given this attitude I was reckless in keeping jobs..it also made it easier to get them whilst living under this false impression that I would always have security a place to go to or fall back on whenever I needed to or failed.

Now I can't afford failure anymore. I need to be responsible for myself but have no idea how to do that. My brother Ronnie who is 54 and lives with me and my mom has the same idea.

He is the one I spoke to you all about earlier who had the congestive heart failure..he did get a job for about three weeks then one day he called me asking me to come pick him up from work..which I did..he was walking down the road away from his place of business when I picked him up and I couldn't help thinking to myself how pathetic that was that I had to go pick him up from his failure (he doesn't drive...lost his license to d.w.i. and isn't interested in even trying to get it back)

Anyways he gets in the car with me and I ask him what happened..he says something to me like, "Mother-fuck that job!" and I thought to myself you can't always do that...he has gone through his life dependent upon the kindness of friends and relatives to take him in for as long as I can remember..he sets a bad example for his two sons..one of who was also living with us until finally finding a job working out of town putting tile down in newly built restaurants.

I have had to live in my current home with an even older brother named David for about a year and a half he stayed with us until after my father died and he attacked me viciously and i took a warrant out for his arrest. He like my current brother was attempting to "lay down" on us..us being me and my mom and just let us take care of him..his reasoning? you can take care of me like you take care of Tim...the reasoning seemed good but convoluted..

anyways I have one more brother named Rodney who spoke about this with my mom asking what in the hell was wrong with my two older brothers..he said "what the hell is wrong with them?" They are over fifty years old and SHOULD be able to take care of themselves..hell they should be taking care of you (referring to my mom) not you having to worry about them. My mom's 72 as of this writing.

anyway here's the situation I been living with...i've always lived in this house since the age of five when we moved here from Indian Trail, NC..I've only been on my own twice. The first time when I was 21 lasted about 3 maybe 4 months..at least three I know then I moved back in here because I was so comfortable with and had a GOOD relationship with my parents so I was able to do that..you know I'm think kids hate their parents for a reason..it motivates them to get out and become responsible for themselves when the parents make it so that it's uncomfortable for them to stay there..uncomfortable or undesired..this fighting, quarreling or enmity between parents children is important catalyst for living by putting dissatisfaction into the children's heart which motivates them into taking action to get out on their own so that they don't have to put up with whatever negativity, restriction, claustrophia or whatever was in place that they found to be unacceptable in the first place.

can't finish this now.