View Full Version : chairs

Dollar_Girl
2004-07-25, 13:03
You know, today i went to this new discount shopping store that stocks a variety of crap (especially groceries). I had never been there before because it is new and just opened... anyway, the store is called ALDI. Aldi is a german company who is opening discount stores around the place, that stocks lots of stuff that is made in germany but packaged in australia.

Anyway when i went in there, there are no shelves etc... just boxes of stuff for u to pick from... they don't give u shopping bags, you have to buy a plastic bag for 15cents, and u have to pack your own groceries. Veg and fruit you have to buy in bulk etc, that is how u get the discount, while they still make their profit.

But while they do a whole bunch of crap differently at aldi, compared to my regualr grocery chain stores, i had never seen another place that allows their check out girls to SIT while working. THey sit there scanning ur crap in a big comfortable PADDED computer chair with big wheels... they are zooming around the place like office secretarys. THey are all happy and smiling and laughing...

and then i think of my regular grocery stores... all the sales girls are pissed off, grumpy and lifeless... and then i thought, maybe, just maybe, its because they have been denied the luxury to sit while they work... they have to stand there, in that ONE spot the WHOLE TIME, scanning peoples packets of pads and condoms and weighing their apples... i mean, thats tough, standing in one spot for an entire 7-8 hour shift.

I have never seen a grocery shop where the checkout people are sitting... i never even thought of the idea, but i think now it is a good idea. People are always happier when they are comfortable. I would like all checkout people to one day, have the opportunity to sit and scan, instead of stand and scan.

THis is the future my friends, soon we will all be sitting no matter what we do... we are moving rapidly from generation to generation... zooming out of the technological generation, into the sitting generation.

You want to becoming rich, you go into the computer chair business, and create a chair for everyone... personalised... a surgeons chair where u have a little disinfected table attached for their tools and knives... a secretarial chair with a little bin for their old chewed gum... a chair for police officers, with extra durable wheels, for those high speed pedestrian chases...

chairs. it's all in the chairs.

i think this (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=81) is a prime example of the sitting generation... look at that HUNCH in his back, a curved spine, from a life of sitting in the shitting position.

eclectica
2004-07-25, 14:07
I think that even better than everybody sitting on a chair, would be to have everybody perpetually sitting on a toilet bowl. Just think of how productive people would be if they didn't have to stop what they're doing to use the bathroom. Ideally one's legs would also be inside of the bowl, so that one could allow fecal material to drip down one's legs and it would all end up within the confines of the bowl.

Dollar_Girl
2004-07-25, 14:10
i see, i see... and how many beers is that now dude? are you onto your first or second caffine pill? :jesus: :banana:

eclectica
2004-07-25, 14:18
I started off the day light with two caffeine pills

Some people say the best way to deal with a hangover is to start drinking again, though I've never tried that to see if it works

Dollar_Girl
2004-07-25, 14:20
you gotta drink enough to make your hang-over dissolve into just a feeling of numbness... but dont drink enough to give u another hangover. It's all about balance dude.

eclectica
2004-07-25, 14:23
At this grocery store they sit and scan, how do the groceries travel by? I would think the groceries would have to be low to the ground for it to be comfortable for them, or otherwise their arms would be too high. Do you think they are slower in their work because they are sitting?

tim
2004-07-25, 14:26
I liked this better, BEFORE the edit..remember my 'duck poem' the same thing that was wrong with it the first time I wrote it...is now the same thing wrong with your original post (now edited) in this thread.

Here's the original, BETTER one for comparison:

You know, today i went to this new discount shopping store that stocks a variety of crap (especially groceries). I had never been there before because it is new and just opened... anyway, the store is called ALDI. Aldi is a german company who is opening discount stores around the place, that stocks lots of stuff that is made in germany but packaged in australia.

Anyway when i went in there, there are no shelves etc... just boxes of stuff for u to pick from... they don't give u shopping bags, you have to buy a plastic bag for 15cents, and u have to pack your own groceries. Veg and fruit you have to buy in bulk etc, that is how u get the discount, while they still make their profit.

But while they do a whole bunch of crap differently at aldi, compared to my regualr grocery chain stores, i had never seen another place that allows their check out girls to SIT while working. THey sit there scanning ur crap in a big comfortable PADDED computer chair with big wheels... they are zooming around the place like office secretarys. THey are all happy and smiling and laughing...

and then i think of my regular grocery stores... all the sales girls are pissed off, grumpy and lifeless... and then i thought, maybe, just maybe, its because they have been denied the luxury to sit while they work... they have to stand there, in that ONE spot the WHOLE TIME, scanning peoples packets of pads and condoms and weighing their apples... i mean, thats tough, standing in one spot for an entire 7-8 hour shift.

I have never seen a grocery shop where the checkout people are sitting... i never even thought of the idea, but i think now it is a good idea. People are always happier when they are comfortable. I would like all checkout people to one day, have the opportunity to sit and scan, instead of stand and scan.

THis is the future my friends, soon we will all be sitting no matter what we do... we are moving rapidly from generation to generation... zooming out of the technological generation, into the sitting generation.

You want to becoming rich, you go into the computer chair business, and create a chair for everyone... personalised... a surgeons chair where u have a little disinfected table attached for their tools and knives... a secretarial chair with a little bin for their old chewed gum... a chair for police officers, with extra durable wheels, for those high speed pedestrian chases...

chairs. it's all in the chairs.

we have an Aldi store here too.

Dollar_Girl
2004-07-25, 16:42
At this grocery store they sit and scan, how do the groceries travel by? I would think the groceries would have to be low to the ground for it to be comfortable for them, or otherwise their arms would be too high. Do you think they are slower in their work because they are sitting?

the groceries travel by on one of these really really long thingies, what do u call them... u know where u put ur groceries on it, it moves by itself because of the sensor... u know like in the jetsons they dont have normal footpaths, they have those automated footpaths where u don't have to move, because the footpath is always moving like an escelator... a horizonal escelator... jesus christ, i could have avoided this whole strange description if i had known what those moving checkout thingies are called.

anyway, the sitting lady has it really easy... she is paid all day to just sit and scan.

The moving thingie comes to about my belly button i guess, and is perfect for her reach...

i think they are faster in their work, not because they are sitting, but because they dont pack groceries into the bags... just dump them all into the trolley, and u have to pack yourself.

tim
2004-07-25, 17:05
the groceries travel by on one of these really really long thingies, what do u call them... u know where u put ur groceries on it, it moves by itself because of the sensor... u know like in the jetsons they dont have normal footpaths, they have those automated footpaths where u don't have to move, because the footpath is always moving like an escelator... a horizonal escelator... jesus christ, i could have avoided this whole strange description if i had known what those moving checkout thingies are called.

anyway, the sitting lady has it really easy... she is paid all day to just sit and scan.

The moving thingie comes to about my belly button i guess, and is perfect for her reach...

i think they are faster in their work, not because they are sitting, but because they dont pack groceries into the bags... just dump them all into the trolley, and u have to pack yourself.

this looks like it could get annoying and hold up the line..with everyone having to pack their own groceries and such.

sounds like you're describing a conveyor-belt there. :P

eclectica
2004-07-25, 17:59
There is a big store I go to called "Costco" that sounds similar, where there are no bags. Just about everyone drives to the store and pushes the cart to the car, where the groceries are unloaded. The cashiers stand at Costco.

nicobie
2004-07-26, 01:52
It's all about balance dude.

Maze
2004-07-29, 05:56
Dollar...you come up with a real plan for the conveyer belts & chairs for the grocery clerks and you might just get rich!

eclectica said: I started off the day light with two caffeine pills.

Oh don't be such a light weight. Be like me and start the day off with a Benzedrine or Dexedrine ...head straight for the Gin & Tonics ...keep it up all day ...maybe a herion/cocain speedball somewhere in there ...some weed of course ...then go to bed with a Seconal or Nembutal.http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/images/icons/Socktoungue.gif

Me kidding ...but there was a time in my life when I did just that. Thank goodness that's over. I'm emarrassed to admit such personal info here but I'm starting to feel close to you all...lol ...Though those days are over, just like eclectica I had about 6 beers while posting here the other night...lmao ...I paid for it too...be good to your body dude...it's the only one you have.

PS: ...and yes, just a little alcohol (but not too much) & a couple of aspirin will ease a hangover.

...yep ...balance.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-08-08, 10:10
balance........sweet
ALDI........balls
i despise them up with hitler (well not quite as bad)
some German just make us look bad
damn greed capitalists
i believe we should start a food source seperate from them
and fight to have them not controlling it
processed foods cause diabetes
i want to sue someone
i want to sue everyone
shut them down for good and start something for ourselves