View Full Version : Fahrenheit 9/11

eclectica
2004-06-23, 20:30
Today I saw the 11:00 movie of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. Most of the crowd in the theater was between 30 to 60 years old, but there were a few older people who may have been World War II veterans. The movie was two hours long.

The movie is told in mostly a chronological order. It starts out with a focus on George Bush and his winning of the presidential election. Then it traces his style of presidency as laid back and vacationing, along with his connection to the BinLaden family by way of oil ventures. Afterwards comes 9/11, then the war in Iraq and the havoc it has created for American soldiers and Iraqis.

As I watched the movie I went through feelings of sadness and humor. The movie is both funny and sad, but mostly sad. It is a documentary that didn't try too hard to be objective, but had a bit of a slant supporting Michael Moore's outlook. When you walk away from seeing the movie you don't say "wow that was a great movie", but I think that is because it is hard to be enthusiastic about any documentary that you see.

I like how Michael Moore spontaneously mixes people and their comments into his film. He has interviews with all sorts of regular people who are not celebrities or experts.

One feels after watching it that more subjects could have been touched upon in the film, or there could have been greater depth of some topics. But given the time constraints that is unrealistic. Something I would have liked to have seen more of covered in the movie are the actual roots of anti-Arab sentiment in America and how that was a big factor in supporting the invasion of Iraq. He did a good job though in going into depth on how the war in Iraq has screwed over the poor soldiers, many of who joined the military to get a job. I would describe both that topic and the topic of president Bush being unfit to be president, as being the two biggest themes of the movie.

The movie is worth seeing because it provides a point of view that is different from what the politicians and American media have been espousing. I hope it is not used as a rallying cry to support Kerry in the presidential election. Moore is also critical of the complacent Democrats who did not stand up against Bush.

The Michael Moore movie opens Friday the 25th in theaters in the United States, but if you live in New York you can catch it already at Loew's on the corner of 3rd Ave. and E 11th St. The ticket price is $10.25. Here are the showing times:
11:00 - 11:45 - 12:30 - 13:15 - 14:00 - 14:45 - 15:30 - 16:15 - 17:00 - 18:30 - 19:15 - 20:00 - 20:45 - 21:30 - 22:15 - 23:00 - 23:30

slx
2004-06-23, 20:42
the flick is very much Moore's anti-bush statement......

he rallied to have it released prior to the november elections in hopes of hurting gwb

i hope it works

nicobie
2004-06-24, 00:16
the flick is very much Moore's anti-bush statement......

he rallied to have it released prior to the november elections in hopes of hurting gwb

i hope it works

Nader is my man...

hehe

Dollar_Girl
2004-06-24, 00:18
i havn't seen it yet, thus can't comment, but i do look forward to seeing it. Bowling for Colombine didn't make much of a fuss here in Australia, i dont recall it hitting the cinemas mainstream or anything, so i dont expect the new documentary/movie to do so. I hope to d/l the new film.

Supersize me seems to be creating a bit of a thing here in Australia, but again, nothing major. I have seen mcdonalds release adds sticking up for their corporation, which started out something like this "so u might have heard of a guy that put on weight eating mcdonalds everyday...".

Spellbound is another yankee doc/movie thing that didn't really make a fuss here, dispite getting really good reviews in magazines and newspapers. I would like to see that also.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-25, 05:19
thing is ive known a lot of these things and more
and theres very good reason to be
"ur either with us or ur with the terrorist" is the biggest dictatorshit ive ever heard spat
Alex jones is the shit
ive got some of his films

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-25, 05:28
and the thing about maccas is that if i were eating salad samwidches everyday 3 times i would not gain 5% of my bodyweight and have negative side effects
i guess they won't mention the lower sex drive and sweating and nausea he had
ive never threw up on a piece of ham
ive felt like it at maccas
i think they need to get things together
now we have bun with less than x% sugar
buns with sugar?????????
i go to the corner fish n chip store
can't beat it
if im going to get fast food id get KFC :D or subway
now that is the shit
people can get much better tasting food let alone food that is better for them

Beejus
2004-06-25, 05:43
Micheal Moore and several other followers to his beliefs fought against the MPAA to make the movie a PG-13 rating. However, they were eventually denied and the movie remains with the R rating.

Micheal Moore said in a statement to Variety urging teens to see the movie: "by any means necessary" and If you need me to sneak you in, let me know.

the president of Lions Gate (distributors of the film) said It is perfectly appropriate for 15- and 16-year-olds who are going to be asked to fight in this war or the next war to see what war is really like.

I watched Bowling For Columbine...he does show a lot of today's problems, but he spends too much time complaining instead of offering solutions and anyone can look up facts about violence and say "look there's a lot of crime" but that doesn't impress me---whoever to takes the time to create a solution that can actually work (which no one ever will cuz violence is nature) then I'll be impressed. But as far as informative he has the ability to entertain and yet teach you a few new things---even though I don't know where he finds these facts but I figure they must be true because the Academy gave him an award for it.. I'll be sure to check this film out but I doubt it will effect how I will vote in November.

eclectica
2004-06-25, 13:10
Beejus you turn 18 in September according to your profile. My how the years have passed by. Who's your daddy?
:oompa:

Is the movie playing in any theaters near you in Maine? The MPAA ought to have no problem with anyone too young to see it to download it for free instead.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-06-26, 03:47
when Bush simply claims that Iraq has weapons and dosen't find them noone does anything about it
Micheal Moore gives plenty of evidence i believe
much i understand to be thing u have to know before
like how did he come up with that conclusion
u gotta look for urself

jcmd62
2004-06-26, 21:57
Should've called it "Sour Grapes".

So I'm supposed to think Michael Moore gives two shits about this country, BTW which is what he wants us to believe is his reasoning behind his constant Bush bashing, when the fat obeise fuck doesn't give a damn about his own health, appearence or the fact that he comes off looking like a fat obiese cow who is pissed because Bush stole a crumb off his dinner plate.

As for hurting Bush, doubtful it hurt as bad as Reagan dying and Bills release of "My Wife" hurt Senator John "Flip-Flop" Kerry.

slx
2004-06-26, 23:42
Should've called it "Sour Grapes".

So I'm supposed to think Michael Moore gives two shits about this country, BTW which is what he wants us to believe is his reasoning behind his constant Bush bashing, when the fat obeise fuck doesn't give a damn about his own health, appearence or the fact that he comes off looking like a fat obiese cow who is pissed because Bush stole a crumb off his dinner plate.

As for hurting Bush, doubtful it hurt as bad as Reagan dying and Bills release of "My Wife" hurt Senator John "Flip-Flop" Kerry.calm down wild beast....isn't moore entitled to make his political statement same as you & i?

it just so happens he got some big bucks to back his opinion so he can broadcast it louder than us....

fat bashin the dude don't make him wrong

jcmd62
2004-06-27, 02:13
calm down wild beast....isn't moore entitled to make his political statement same as you & i?

it just so happens he got some big bucks to back his opinion so he can broadcast it louder than us....

fat bashin the dude don't make him wrong

Big bucks make him right???????????????

slx
2004-06-27, 04:08
Big bucks make him right???????????????i didn't say that dude.....

i ask you...is his opinion wrong?

eclectica
2004-06-27, 06:00
It amazes me that Clinton came pretty close to being impeached for lying about his personal sex life, and Bush has not gotten near impeachment despite his lies about Iraq and his total destruction of the credibility and good will of the United States. Yet it would be hypocritical for the Congress to impeach Bush, because little more than a year ago they and most Americans were supportive of him and didn't stand up for what is right, when it would have made a difference.

jcmd62
2004-06-27, 07:10
It amazes me that Clinton came pretty close to being impeached for lying about his personal sex life, and Bush has not gotten near impeachment despite his lies about Iraq and his total destruction of the credibility and good will of the United States. Yet it would be hypocritical for the Congress to impeach Bush, because little more than a year ago they and most Americans were supportive of him and didn't stand up for what is right, when it would have made a difference.

WRONG

He broke the law, both by comitting adultery and then he lied to the nation and the grand jury which was again.....breaking the law by committing perjury. Get over it already.

eclectica
2004-06-27, 07:42
He broke the law, both by comitting adultery and then he lied to the nation and the grand jury which was again.....breaking the law by committing perjury.
That shows how clumsy and imperfect the law system is itself, that a president could get impeached for lying about his sex life under oath, while lying to a country and leading it to war would not be impeachable because it was not made under oath.

Do you think Clinton's infraction was worse than Bush's?

jcmd62
2004-06-27, 07:42
i didn't say that dude.....

i ask you...is his opinion wrong?

Aren't opinions just that........opinions?

Its my opinion that he's a fat tub of shit, that only bashes Bush because it gets his fat ass exposure and free passes to rub elbows with the rich and pompous. If the guy really expects me to believe that he gives a damn about this country, then he needs to stop showing up in Tuedos, unshaven and looking like he hasn't bathed or brushed his teeth in 6 months. Where the hell does he get those tux's anyway....Akbar the tent maker???

jcmd62
2004-06-27, 07:56
That shows how clumsy and imperfect the law system is itself, that a president could get impeached for lying about his sex life under oath, while lying to a country and leading it to war would not be impeachable because it was not made under oath.

Do you think Clinton's infraction was worse than Bush's?

First I would have to believe that Bush actually had an "infraction" as you call it. Bush never set foot in Irag prior to the war so he couldn't know one way or another what Saddam had. He reported to the nation the information he was given. As for whether Saddam financed Bin laden I'll cut and paste a reply I wrote elsewhere....

I still chuckle daily at the ignorant liberals that still think Bin laden and Saddam signed receipts that stated "For Terrorist acts against USA", and then saved them in file cabinets for Tax purposes. Then there's the truly brain dead liberals that believe there is absolutely no way Saddam slipped a few million in cold hard untraceable CASH to Bin laden to help him in his attack. Since when do criminals leave paper trails? We will never know for sure if Saddan did or didn't because neither he nor Bin laden will ever admit to it, nor can we be sure what may be buried in that huge desert known as Iraq.

I'm not going to hold Bush accountable for something he didn't do. Bush only reported the info given him by the lousy and non existent intelligence sources that was left us by Mr. Clinton. Clinton not only pulled the plug on and then sat back while several of our best spies were executed. The SOB let terror attack after terror attack go unanswered for 8 years, totally weakened this countries ability to fend off such attacks and set us up for 9/11.

Bush didn't lie he reported what our best at the time intelligence sources believed. Are you gonna tell me Clinton didn't know where his dick had been?

eclectica
2004-06-27, 08:53
Bush made a bad judgement call. It's not the fault of the intelligence that was given to him. It's his fault for believing it. He drowned out all opposing views. He conducted his own analysis and decision unscientifically, because he made up his mind before even seeing the evidence. On September 12th he was the one pressing for an Iraq-Qaeda connection. I hold him responsible for the mistake, and it was no honest or excusable mistake, it was a willful lie to our fellow Americans.

Also, there really was a solid connection between the Reagan administration and Al Qaeda. The Americans used to fund the Islamic Mujahedeen to fight the Soviets. I wish the 9/11 Commission were to have explored the connections between Al Qaeda and the American government. It looks like an inside job to me.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-07-09, 06:39
some good sites u make ur own decision
u may find it to be a better story than what they tell us

http://www.hereinreality.com/insidertrading.html
http://www.english.upenn.edu/~jlynch/Frank/People/weishaup.html
http://www.campusprogramcom/reference/en/wikipedia/b/bu/
bush_family_conspiracy_theory.html

eclectica
2004-11-01, 12:28
When you read the full transcript (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/79C6AF22-98FB-4A1C-B21F-2BC36E87F61F.htm) from the latest video made by Osama, there is a similarity in the criticism of Bush to what Michael Moore did in the movie. It's as if Osama watched the movie before giving his speech.

One difference between Michael Moore and Osama's position is that Michael Moore neglects to consider the Israel factor, which is the big reason that America is a special target by terrorists. I was disappointed that it was totally left out of the movie.