View Full Version : Some Pictures I wanted to share with you

tim
2004-05-16, 19:16

Criminal_Sniper
2004-05-18, 07:21
is it just me or is there not just one with a mask on?
specify tim
the middle one?
and dude sorry i havent been on i was going to talk to ya on msn
ive got some things u would find interesting
spiritual business
later
im havin a party night

Criminal_Sniper
2004-05-18, 12:20
busy isnt the word
and ive been getting taught some mandarin (trying to anyway)
my head is hurting now
i think they were speaking tooooooooooooo tooooooooooo toooooooo fast
but nothing a drink or two wont fix
i wish i still drew
i used to get all the spiderman comics and draw them in different poses n fighting other people n shit
loved drawing venom and carnage
un hey i bought a pair of superman boxers today
man of steel in silver lol
and some gloves for winter
wish me luck hehe nah its not that cold
take me to a colder place anyday though ill get another pair

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 00:20
i used to draw portraits of ppl. Then one day, i got too scared to draw anymore, because i was afraid i would attempt it one day and see the skill suddenly gone. I still dont draw, coz i'm afraid i forgot how, i just have all my old stuff to look at from the days i did still have the skill.

nicobie
2004-05-20, 01:41
That's silly...

one day, i got too scared to draw anymore, because i was afraid i would attempt it one day and see the skill suddenly gone.

more than silly sweetie, dat'ud be plumb stupid.

Do a google on henri masson. He was my pappa.

Not only could he paint, he could talk. ( had a tv talk show in Canada)

The avatar I use is his image of me at 10.

There wasn't much money when my mom was growing up.

He did good enough in the end.

Lucky~~~ I don't think so, he worked hard and had to kiss alot of ass..

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 14:02
when i was younger, i used to love drawing naked women, especially the boobs and hips, because the shapes were so simple due to their connected curves. however i didn't know how to draw a set of thighs and legs, so i used to cut them off at the waist, and draw a giant fish tail under the bellybutton and make them into naked mermaids.

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 14:17
on the topic of art, here is some local art at my train station.

On the otherside of the wall is a giant picture of madonna. The council gets students to paint images on the cement walls, and every now and then they clean them off and let a new bunch of art students do their thang... sometimes there are a whole bunch of "we are a tv nation" and "say no to war" type slogans and images of televisions with devil horns etc, or pictures of paradise... and other times there are madonna images or romantic images or angry images, violent images or peaceful ones etc.

This one i think is futuristic :

eclectica
2004-05-20, 21:15
Because you have a 1 MB limit on the attachments but more space available on p2pjihad.org, I would expect that the attachments are not as permanent as the offline hosting. Attachments are not permanent on this forum the way the posts are. They can be pruned out on a mass scale if they take up too much space.

Most admins would want to discourage the mass storing of images on the forum. Every time I backup the forums I would have a larger file to download if there were a lot of attachments. When I make a backup of the forums I have to backup two things: 1. the MySQL database, and 2. the disc space which is accessible by ftp and html. Currently the database is a 3 MB .gz file and the disc space is a 4 MB .tar.gz file. There is a new setting in vBulletin 3 in which you can store the attachments on the disc space rather than the database, which I've chosen to do.

A feature I like about vBulletin 3 is that it has an archive (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/archive/) that creates html files of every thread made on the forum. I communicated recently with SiXXGuNNZ in regards to temporarily activating The Real Underground and then upgrading it to the latest version of vBulletin. Then using an html archiving program such as HTTrack (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?t=480) to save all the html files of the archive. Finally webhosting that collection of html files somewhere. I estimate that The Real Underground would take up about 40 MB of space that way and anyone could copy it or save it to his own hard drive, because they would all be html files.

But it turns out that neither I or SiXXGuNNZ have a copy of that old forum.

eclectica
2004-05-20, 21:55
Dollar_Girl I see from that picture that you have coconut trees there in Australia. It's not too cold then. Here only the Southern tip of the United States has coconut trees.

I've seen a lot of pictures that people paint on walls like that. In New York there are a lot of 9-11 tribute pictures. You can see some here:
http://www.graffiti.org/911/

nicobie
2004-05-21, 01:54
source (http://www.ucanbuyart.net/Henri_Masson.html)

which on e are U?

heshes

Nicholas, only son of the only daughter who has 4 sisters.

Care to buy a painting?

tim
2005-01-17, 03:39
Because you have a 1 MB limit on the attachments but more space available on p2pjihad.org, I would expect that the attachments are not as permanent as the offline hosting. Attachments are not permanent on this forum the way the posts are. They can be pruned out on a mass scale if they take up too much space.

Most admins would want to discourage the mass storing of images on the forum. Every time I backup the forums I would have a larger file to download if there were a lot of attachments. When I make a backup of the forums I have to backup two things: 1. the MySQL database, and 2. the disc space which is accessible by ftp and html. Currently the database is a 3 MB .gz file and the disc space is a 4 MB .tar.gz file. There is a new setting in vBulletin 3 in which you can store the attachments on the disc space rather than the database, which I've chosen to do.

A feature I like about vBulletin 3 is that it has an archive (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/archive/) that creates html files of every thread made on the forum. I communicated recently with SiXXGuNNZ in regards to temporarily activating The Real Underground and then upgrading it to the latest version of vBulletin. Then using an html archiving program such as HTTrack (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?t=480) to save all the html files of the archive. Finally webhosting that collection of html files somewhere. I estimate that The Real Underground would take up about 40 MB of space that way and anyone could copy it or save it to his own hard drive, because they would all be html files.

But it turns out that neither I or SiXXGuNNZ have a copy of that old forum.

This is also the closest thing I could find to what I needed information on. I seem to remember/recall you stating something similiar to the effect of 'newer or latest versions of the vbulletin software' now have the option of separating attachments from the mysql and storing them in a folder directory on the webserver instead."

Any truth to my faint recollection?

eclectica
2005-01-17, 10:17
With vBulletin 3 there is an option to store attachments and avatars on the file system rather than on the database. Webhosters tend to prefer when the files are stored on the file system, to ease the strain on the database. Those files have to be in a folder which is chmod 777. The attachments can be above the html root directory, because they are indirectly served, but the avatars must be in the forum directory, accessible by the public.

I just moved all the avatars from the database to the file system this morning, because I wasn't aware it was an option for the avatars as well. It seems to have taken all files and converted them to gif format. I even uploaded a new avatar with a jpg extension and it still saved it as gif format. You can see everyone's avatar in this folder (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/customavatars/).

tim
2005-01-17, 11:38
I just moved all the avatars from the database to the file system this morning, because I wasn't aware it was an option for the avatars as well. It seems to have taken all files and converted them to gif format. I even uploaded a new avatar with a jpg extension and it still saved it as gif format. You can see everyone's avatar in this folder (http://www.3-3-3.org/forum/customavatars/).

That's actually kind of neat...btw thank-you for chronicalling your experiences with the vb software...it's very helpful for folks facing similiar situations to benefit from your shared knowledge and experiences.

kudos on that. :)