View Full Version : Colonial House

Beejus
2004-05-09, 01:46
Colonial House Official Website (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/colonialhouse/)

This is another reality t.v. series about surviving....

It airs May 17th, at 8pm EST on PBS

I'm only bringing this up because Colonial House was shot only 1.7 miles away from my house. It was shot in East Kennebec Rd, Machias, Maine. I'm not sure if they are going to mention that in the show or not, but that's where it took place. Martin (one of my friends) worked for them over the summer. Infact they only paid him 6.00$ per hour when the state minimum is 6.25$ so he took their british asses to court and got a settlement out of it.

I'm only going to watch the first episode...I wanna see if they make it look harder than what it really was...

eclectica
2004-05-09, 03:38
After 9-11 Americans had no appetite for reality TV, but lately the renewed popularity suggests to me that their lives are too good and comfortable and they need some more drama starring Al Qaeda in order to really feel like they are really alive.

Beejus
2004-05-19, 03:00
tonight's episode showed my town (Machias)... you guys should watch this...

I didn't know they were allowed to swim and shit naked on the show...there was titties in my own backyard and I didn't even know it!! god damnit!

eclectica
2004-05-19, 03:32
I saw some of it. They are showing it now in New York.

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 00:16
i dont know if i 've written it anywhere else, but there was a tv show being filmed next to my workplace, i had to endure months of tv network ppl being constantly present. NOw the show is over, the tv ppl still havn't left, i think they have found a new place to live, eat and shit.

Anyway, they always make the place look better on tv, than it is in real life ay.

eclectica
2004-05-20, 02:28
They like to film at my subway stop. One time they towed my car a half a mile away because they clear the streets to park their movie vehicles. The city gives them the authority to do so. One time one of the dudes was a smart ass to me so afterwards I ripped down some of their power cables that they had strapped up, running from their generators to the subway where they are filming. I felt like throwing their movie equipment on the tracks but I didn't.

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 02:57
australians think steve irwin is a sell-out ay.

i think film crew ppl can be a little selfcentric, coz they think they are famous... i mean, if your a talk-show host in a country with a population of 21 million, chances are your show will be watched by about 200,000 out of over 6 billion people... no australian besides nicole kidman and kylie minogue (who are all based in london or freakin LA or some shit) is really famous... we just like to pretend we have famous people. Just like u have famous Indian stars... but nobody but india has heard of them... "Sanjeva Ababuduwa whaaaaaaat?" :axeman:

When the filming crew came to my work to film some scenes, they made me bring them drinks and coffees and water etc... then they got up and didn't even offer to pay, they just assumed it was free.

eclectica
2004-05-20, 03:27
When the filming crew came to my work to film some scenes, they made me bring them drinks and coffees and water etc... then they got up and didn't even offer to pay, they just assumed it was free.

Next time show them the mighty sword of Allah-Dollah

You would be making the World a better place to rid it of such vermin

how to make ricin (http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/irresponsible_activities/163208.html)

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 03:34
so in other words, all i need to make deadly ricin is caster beans and an espresso machine lol. ok i'll give it a go, i will let u know when they are all dead due to the sucess of your plan and my ballsy execution of it.

eclectica
2004-05-20, 11:19
i will let u know when they are all dead due to the sucess of your plan and my ballsy execution of it.
Try to take some pics for us too.

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-20, 14:19
Try to take some pics for us too.

pictures are too incriminating. I will just write you some erotic stories about it. :jerkoff: