View Full Version : never ending story

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-29, 14:25
These are some pictures i took at work today. It was rainy and dull weather, but it didnt' matter. Anyway these structures are contradictory because on one hand you have these huge metal tusks bursting from the ground, and curving up in the air, like something from lord of the rings or the never ending story... a war scene... forming like a cage... and then they are covered in these peacful purple flowers... transforming it from a cage, into a peaceful passage through some garden.

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-29, 14:27

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-29, 14:29

sometimes i picture little human beings dangling impaled on the tips of the sharp metal tusks... like puppets dangling in the wind.

Dollar_Girl
2004-04-29, 14:30

eclectica
2004-04-29, 16:36
The parallel metal frames reminds me of the Twin Towers. The contrast between flowers and man-made objects must have been the intention of the designer. They look like tusks as you point out and I also see arms in them, in the first one you posted southside2.JPG. Those purple flowers remind me of the ones I saw on the slave island of Goree in Dakar, which I also saw in Miami. Here is the picture from Goree.
http://www.tatom.org/photos/2002-12 to 2003-02 (film)/IMG0039.jpg

I changed the options so you can upload ten images per post now.

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-01, 03:24
The parallel metal frames reminds me of the Twin Towers. The contrast between flowers and man-made objects must have been the intention of the designer. They look like tusks as you point out and I also see arms in them, in the first one you posted southside2.JPG. Those purple flowers remind me of the ones I saw on the slave island of Goree in Dakar, which I also saw in Miami. Here is the picture from Goree.
http://www.tatom.org/photos/2002-12 to 2003-02 (film)/IMG0039.jpg

I changed the options so you can upload ten images per post now.

u know the flowers are there only for their season... then the rest of the year the big metal tusks are bare... just metal... then one day u look out and u see flower buds and u realise the whole thing will be in bloom again soon.

That is a nice pic u know.

I find that i am happiest in autumm becausei am most inspired then. This is because the skies are the clearest, the weather isn't HOT, it isn't COLLLLDD... the birds are out, flowers are in bloom, the sun shines and makes ur skin tingle beautifully, instead of burning u or making u feel HOT and overheated... everything is so perfect that i like to go into the back yard, try to find a spot on the grass with no dog shit on it lol, and say down and just watch everything... because it is at thsi time of the year that colours look their brightest.

and thanx for the pic uploading change.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-05-01, 11:25
heh i LOVE the cold
with the heat i cant keep taking clothes off
....well they have laws u know :(
but with the cold u can always nip vodka and put on more clothes
(or wear around a big blanket :D)
those flowers look nice but it would be creepy going down there halucinating
looks like something in a haunted houses grounds
down towards the cemetary *shivers*

The Passion
2004-05-05, 03:08
wow, those are some beautiful pictures, the colors soothe me :)

thanks for sharing them :)

nicobie
2004-05-06, 01:49
Weird hooks.

I don think i would like them with no flowers.

Who paid for this extravaganza? :0

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-07, 00:04
Weird hooks.

I don think i would like them with no flowers.

Who paid for this extravaganza? :0

u ever seen pinochio? where he is inside the wales stomach.... dring the non-flowering season, the 'extraveganza' looks like a wales rib cage.

i dont know who paid for it ay, i think it was an art project sponsered by energex a power supply compnay?

nicobie
2004-05-07, 00:10
:smile:
good thing the whale didn't have hooks like that in in it's tummy

Dollar_Girl
2004-05-07, 00:21
yeah, otherwise pinochio wouldn't have become a 'real boy' ... coz he'd be impaled on a rib. hahahahah. ahahahhahahah. it's probably only me laughing at that image... it always is just me laughing.