View Full Version : New Members

Beejus
2004-03-20, 22:18
Why all these new members and none of them post??

I don't register at a board unless I wanna make myself be heard and these new members just join and then fade away

dudeasincool
2004-03-20, 22:55
Hi, nice site you have here. We get more voyeurs than posters at Beatking, but it's cool... Some people are shy..that doesnt mean they dont love what you are doing.

Im gonna cruise around and check out the site here... Love the colors and easy navigation...and the smilies :beer: Cheers.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-21, 04:50
get out dirty voyeurs
not i have privates to cover lol
i only register if i see a post worth answering usually
why sit back and be wanker
come on guys n girls

eclectica
2004-03-21, 09:25
People are finding this site by way of search engines and a few register but hardly any post or become regular members. I'm actually glad there is not a high number of zero-posters joining, because that makes the board seem pretty retarded and lame. I do what I can to discourage people from joining to minimize that type of thing. Some boards like ES5 require membership just to view them, so naturally they will have a high amount of zero-posters.

Perhaps after a year of inactivity on their accounts, I will delete the zero-posters.

22 out of the 58 members here are zero-posters; that's not too bad of a ratio. If the board gets more popular, the amount of zero-posters will increase, until they are periodically deleted.

dudeasincool
2004-03-23, 08:41
Somehow suggesting you might delete non-participants, might not be the best way to engage people here... lol... but thats just my opinion. Also, when one compliments your site, you might wanna say thank you and say hello.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-23, 12:44
we'd find each other and talk easily im guessing
and hey dude hello :)
welcome i guess
one word of advice
dont listen to me ;)
not too seriously

Beejus
2004-03-23, 21:12
misanthrope is someone who hates mankind... you didn't know that Tim?

nicobie
2004-03-24, 01:21
more poop

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-24, 20:34
u can never hate someone for simply being
if u do u only hate urself
the best thing to hate is stupid people with stupid opinions
and loud mouths :p
people can and will be bastards

dudeasincool
2004-03-25, 23:52
we're (or rather I) am a suspicious lot (person) who will try to guage your intentions (motives for doing whatever it is that you do) and attempt to feel you out first (not FEEL YOU up...that comes much later..but soon enough for most ppl's enjoyment ;) :P) then once comfortable with you (while under the understanding or impression that you mean us/me no harm) will begin opening up to you (talking/posting incessantly) and welcome you graciously into the fold (our circle of friends here)

Thanx for the response, Mr. T. & Hello Criminal Sniper and crew. I mostly hangout at Beatking and ZP..and will be hanging out at PCTechTalk once they get their Mac forums going. Im not a techie, more a music guy/content collector. But I have to comb the sites to keep current. No motives here other than that. And it looks like you guys have a nice thing going, of which, I would never intrude. By the way, you are welcome to check out our P2p section at BK which Ken is building You might find some useful info there--and our news is pretty up to date--feel free to grab as you wish. I'm gonna send your latest front page posting to Ken and some others who keep up on this stuff, and credit you appropriately. Best,

The Dude :)

The Passion
2004-03-27, 12:04
hey, nice place you guys got here :)

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-27, 15:23
we're (or rather I) am a suspicious lot (person) who will try to guage your intentions (motives for doing whatever it is that you do) and attempt to feel you out first (not FEEL YOU up...that comes much later..but soon enough for most ppl's enjoyment ;) :P) then once comfortable with you (while under the understanding or impression that you mean us/me no harm) will begin opening up to you (talking/posting incessantly) and welcome you graciously into the fold (our circle of friends here)

replying to ur posts is a start..i think i've replied to one or two already...just remember we are a tightly knit group or a close mesh of friends here (for the most part) i myself am resistent to change and reluctant to welcome new people into this close community...sure that may alienate and keep me/us from knowing and having new/varied/unique differrent and better more fulfilling experiences with a larger, broader group of people.

but it also at a same time reinforces that 'friendship' (i have..but not many in my tight knit circle of friends feel this way for me..could be i'm just the oddball here..so pay no mind whatsover to me..go chat with the 'normal' folk..i'll sit and ramble in the corner some more)

bottom line...i'm glad that this forum (dionysians) ISN'T established on a 'following for' some TEMPORAL (temporary) software program like napster or kazaa..for if it were..that would mean that the friendships formed here would also be temporary..and lasting only so long as there was a software program or forum to support them.

I remember yesterday the forum was down for maintenance and i thought to myself: WHAT IF THIS PLACE DID NOT EXIST?!?! how would we get in contact with each other..how to stay in touch????

for many here the or this forum is our only means of 'staying in touch'...not all have developed strong emotional bonds or ties to one another that transcend the forum..i'd feel lost without certain of you..i thank God for eclectica, dollar_girl, beejus, crim and so many others of you that it would include most of you on the member roster.

u know dude... u pretty much make the action of joining this forum totally unappealing. I hate when i'm joining a forum and some cockhead stands up adn talks on behalf of everyone about what a tight-knit community it is etc.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-27, 18:01
the thing about being reluctant to people moving into ur life is that u dont always get much choice especially when u go to them

The Passion
2004-03-27, 22:22
right now I like the color scheme, I have no time for drama ;)

The Passion
2004-03-28, 04:38
I guess I should have said, I have not spent enough time here yet to like or dislike anybody here yet

slx
2004-03-28, 12:34
u know dude... u pretty much make the action of joining this forum totally unappealing. I hate when i'm joining a forum and some cockhead stands up and talks on behalf of everyone about what a tight-knit community it is etc.i 2nd that emotion

The Passion
2004-03-28, 15:23
i 2nd that emotion

well let's be grateful for people like dollar and slx then

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-28, 16:50
u can never get perfect
u can allways get better
:)

hilo
2004-04-21, 01:00
Hi everybody. Sorry that I joined and didn't post for a long time.

Better late than never to get the ol' cherry popped, eh? ;)

Anyway; I originally stumbled upon this neck o' the web when someone posted a link on the ES5 forums. :o Please don't fret, for not all of us from over there are spammers and/or flamers. I come in peace, and I'll try to come around more often. That is; if you fine folks see fit to have me.

nicobie
2004-04-21, 01:25
at least 'lurkie don charge $10 and ban you every time u say lowtax sucks.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/

This shithead is riding on the backs of little male kids.

vacantmind
2004-04-24, 09:59
I think everyone came here because of this site: http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=427

There was a huge post on it on the boards.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-04-24, 14:37
i dont know about fine..... :D
welcome though
u might raise the bar a little :p