View Full Version : communication

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-13, 14:31
It is important to view the world through many senses beside vision.

Vision is probably the most universal way of communicating things and ideas to each other... It is a way for earth and all its inhabitants to communicate with man and vise versa.

Dolphins 'see' through a series of echoes... they have no recognition of colour and their world is constructed by these sound waves they emit. It is how they recognise objects and their surroundings. Since sound waves penetrate flesh as easily as they do water, dolphins literally see each other inside and out.

Anyway, i saw this thing on tv about communicating with E.T's, and apparently scientists have sent a message into space (mmmkay dont ask me how or anything coz i dunno), but it is a visual message... pictures of man and woman, our universe and some other objects to show our way of measurement. THen it goes on to say that scientists assume that these supposedly intelligent life forms have evolved to have eye sight, yet if they failed to evolve to have eye sight or any need for eye sight, our message to space is completely usless.

SO the dolphine noises (dunno if u have all heard those clicking sounds they make?) and the thought of E.T's kinda got me thinking of Mel Gibson's movie - SIGNS... the aliens communicated like the dolphins... fast clicking noises...

Perhaps ET's have already made contact with earth... yet man has failed to recognise it or pick up on it. WHo knows what form the communication has or will come in, and who knows wether man will ever pick it up.

I guess the standard images of aliens are some big space ships hovering above someone, then zapping them up into the magical object and inserting alien semen into the humans anus or something... or maybe some people believe aliens will be hostle... that their reason for travel will be purely for gain of our planet... some think they will 'come in peace'... but maybe they already 'came in peace' or maybe they have already done hostle things to our planet, and we completely missed it, or misinterpreted it for being somethign else or coming from elsewhere.

btw, did u know that a conversation via radio between planets will take thousands of years? imagine waiting ur whole life to a reply to a question hahahah :eatout:

anyway i also read that a couple weeks ago earth nearly got hit by an asteroid, but it changed paths or something just intime...

anyway, creepy coz i heard no mention of an asteroid. I imagine these high and mighty nasa ppl sitting and panicing and saving the world from their nasa office, while i sit on the toilet taking a shit and thinking about what i'm going to do on my day off.

FUnny... like living in a paralel world or something.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-13, 14:46
are we the pinacle of existance in this universe?
we have trouble on our own planet
maybe we have a higher intelligence but when it comes to it we are primitive
all this from a perfect god eh?
and we were made in his IMAGE!
sure as hell not in spirit and mind

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-13, 22:30
Originally posted by Criminal_Sniper
are we the pinacle of existance in this universe?
we have trouble on our own planet
maybe we have a higher intelligence but when it comes to it we are primitive
all this from a perfect god eh?
and we were made in his IMAGE!
sure as hell not in spirit and mind

we may not be the highest existance in the universe, but perhaps within our own solar system. And who are you comparing man to, calling our species primative? Do you have a higher non-human intelligence for comparison?

I dont think trouble on earth signifies primative inhabitants.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-14, 01:08
Dolphins

have significantly larger brains than humans (reports from 25% to 40% larger on average)

brains develop much quicker

brains have approximately 200% as many folds in the frontal lobe of the brain and that the frontal lobe is wherethe ability to "think" is located

the folds are deeper, and therefore have more surface area and a larger amount of neurons per mass (when compared to humans)

dolphins have roughly 1/10 the mass devoted to optical procesing that we (humans) do

dolphins have roughly 10 times the brain mass devoted to auditory processing that we (humans) have

dolphins are self-aware

dolphins are excellent problem solvers

well posibly they are the rules of the sea just as we (almost) rules the land
Tim go with the flow like me \its an awesome wave

eclectica
2004-03-14, 06:50
Our visual range is pretty limited, compared to our hearing range. Our hearing range is something like 20 hz to 20,000 hz, or 10 octaves. But our sight range is from red 700 nanometers wavelength to violet 400 nanometers wavelength. That's not even the equivalent of an octave. An octave is the doubling or halving of the wavelength/frequency.

If our eyesight were in the infrared or microwave range, then our vision would be blurrier, because it is hard to get fine details or high resolution when the wavelength is large.

I fear the idea of contact with alien life forms. I don't think of them as peaceful or friendly. Imagine if we become like cows, and get harvested for eating.

There are a lot of stars and planets out there, but the probability of there being life is also low. I believe that there is some life out there, but there isn't any nearby us.

Maybe some aliens sent a radio message to us but it arrived in the 1700s, when there were no radios.

We seem to have discovered the fastest medium of communication, which is light. But maybe there are faster ones which we are not aware of.

If we discover life somewhere else, it's unlikely that we would be at the same level of social development as them. It could be a planet of birds or mice.

I remember when I was a lonely teenager, looking at the stars and wondering if there was some lonely girl on one of those stars looking out into the sky as I was. To imagine such things made the loneliness easier to bear. Well it turned out that that lonely girl was on the opposite shore of the Atlantic ocean from me. We were worlds apart from each other and our paths miraculously crossed later in life.

jcmd62
2004-03-14, 09:52
Dolphins

have significantly larger brains than humans (reports from 25% to 40% larger on average)

brains develop much quicker

brains have approximately 200% as many folds in the frontal lobe of the brain and that the frontal lobe is wherethe ability to "think" is located

the folds are deeper, and therefore have more surface area and a larger amount of neurons per mass (when compared to humans)

dolphins have roughly 1/10 the mass devoted to optical procesing that we (humans) do

dolphins have roughly 10 times the brain mass devoted to auditory processing that we (humans) have

dolphins are self-aware

dolphins are excellent problem solvers

well posibly they are the rules of the sea just as we (almost) rules the land
Tim go with the flow like me \its an awesome wave

Yea its an awesome "wave of life" for Dolphins..............

Awesome (http://www.bluevoice.org/dolphin/incite.html)

Video (http://www.bluevoice.org/dolphin/save.html)

Japan continues to issue over 30,000 dolphin permits per year for "beach harvesting" and refuses to use smaller "target nets" or allow international "counters" aboard their boats to get accurate mortality rates from them. Japan like Russia continue to slaughter Whales. Whaling Ships working in groups slaughter whole family pods down to the last calf, and refuse to recognize endangered species.

Petition (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/391762699?ts=1079247529&sign[partner_userID)

Start your own Petition bout whats Buggin ya (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create.html)

Now the governments and corrupt tuna millionaires of Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia have objected to abiding by the US's tougher dolphin protection laws, and the US Commerce and State Departments are obliging them by gutting US dolphin protection laws, often in violation of US laws! Earth Island so far has blocked the weakening of the "Dolphin Safe" tuna label standards through the help of Congress and the courts.

But the US Commerce and State Departments are proposing to allow tuna caught by chasing and netting dolphins to be labeled "Dolphin Safe." Recent research from the Commerce Dept.'s own scientists demonstrates that dolphins chased and netted are not increasing in numbers in the ETP, and in fact may still be declining in numbers. One study indicates that the fishing practice of chasing and netting separates dolphin mothers from dependent calves.

This proposal by the Bush Administration to weaken the "Dolphin Safe" tuna label will harm dolphins, US consumers, and tuna companies around the world which are working to prevent the killing and injuring of dolphins by avoiding chasing and netting schools of dolphins to catch tuna. Dolphins should not be sacrificed on the altar of "Free Trade."
Dolphin Death Act is OFFICIAL (http://members.aol.com/cmwwrc/marmamnews/97052104.html)

The U.S. government has ruled that encircling dolphins with enormous nets to catch tuna does not significantly harm them, clearing the way for Mexico and other countries to market their tuna in the United States as dolphin-safe.
Ahh yes...Those same enormous dolphin drowning nets the U.S. Government ruled 2 decades ago were NEEDLESSLY DROWNING thousands of dolphins and forced U.S. fisheries to start using smaller nets that brought the numbers of dolphins killed per year in tuna nets from 350,000 in the late 70's to aprox. 3000 dolphins in 2003. And HELLOO......... wasn't their refusal to implement the same technics and the astronomical number of those intelligent creatures still needlessly dying in their nets the VERY FUCKING REASONS we have embargoed Mexican and "other countries" tuna and it is the ONLY thing that defines "Dolphin Safe" tuna from the rest?

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-14, 11:19
Originally posted by wishful thinking
dang (kat) i missed you online this time...look i do not wish to 'force' communication upon you but i still have things i want to say to you and wish you would hear me out for..i think (really think) its more 'inappropriate' of me to ask you these things: here by 'here' i mean publicly..coz a lot of what i have to say to you is private and personal..and as such i feel it is inappropriate for PUBLIC DISCUSSION..but when you 'limit' me to only public type discourse..what choice have i?

i think its more of a 'manipulation'/humiliation/embarassment for you to have me braying around like some love-struck donkey-in-heat for you..following you around from post to post putting in my little jabs at u here and there haphazardly.

when i asked you (neigh, 'commanded you'..lol) to 'not run away' i meant keep talking to me until a resolution has been reached..the one you've dictated to me (re: i can no longer PM or email you) is an UNACCEPTABLE resolution for me..it's one i cannot accept..and do not agree with.

Also on that same token i do not wish place unwanted dialogue on you..i feel misunderstood...if not maligned by you also...the only opinion that matters to me is yours..to hell with any public opinion or perception of status i may have by my 'peers' here..the only one i really care about persuading, influencing or opinion...is yours.

i want to respect your wishes..but not at the expense of my conscience..ask eclectica if i have not respected his wishes to not be pm'd or emailed by me..he will most likely say that i have if answering honestly.

i will/would do the same thing for you if you so desired..i imagine myself to have a trait of the 'holyspirit' which is that of not being a 'respector' of persons..meaning i take not into account ur clout or status..just you.

And as i believe the holy spirit to be a gentleman..a gentleman by my definition is someone who would not FORCE you to do anything YOU DID NOT WANT to do or were uncomfortable doing..i hereby request.

relieve, retract, absolve me of your mandate to 'not pm' and 'not email' you again..for its something i find unbearable and right now the 'lightness of being' weighs heavily upon the tableaux of my heart..for u i do adore.

dude, i dont care who pm's me or emails me, i'm not going to tell u that u are forbidden from writing me a pm. Once it is in my inbox waht i choose to do with it is none of ur business wether i read it, delete it, store it, reply to it or plagarise it (yeah right lol):beer:

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-14, 11:26
man i have seen countless documentaries on japan and its slaughter of dolphins & whales... they herd them together using boats ... get them close to the shores and then a flood of these motherfuckers come running in with big axes and shit and bludgeon them to death. Seeing the water suddenly go a bright red is disgusting. I dont remember if it was Japan or another country that did that just because it was part of a 'traidition' ... so they made a day of fun out of it... like an american would go to a carnival... these bastards went to a slaughter day.

I remember it was not too long ago when there was a big meeting regaurding the issue of japan killing dolphins and whales in australian waters... think it was greenpeace that wanted to put a stop to it, but their claim was rejected.

I also like the claim that dolphins are the only other creatures who have sex for enjoyment :eatout:

Remember not to eat too much fish tho, because of the mercury levels :beer:

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-14, 11:29
Originally posted by eclectica

I remember when I was a lonely teenager, looking at the stars and wondering if there was some lonely girl on one of those stars looking out into the sky as I was. To imagine such things made the loneliness easier to bear. Well it turned out that that lonely girl was on the opposite shore of the Atlantic ocean from me. We were worlds apart from each other and our paths miraculously crossed later in life.

well i already knew u were kinky and dirty, now i can add "romantic" to the list of "what is eclectica". You are now forever branded the romantic of dionysians:beer:

nicobie
2004-03-15, 01:08
Originally posted by Dollar_Girl
well i already knew u were kinky and dirty, now i can add "romantic" to the list of "what is eclectica". You are now forever branded the romantic of dionysians:beer:

Nope,

he is a real shithead that tries to control other people. He is not ashamed to rip others off. It's proven that he fucked another website out of their name and thinks that it's funny.

If you notice, I didn't capitalize 'shithead'.

If u trust the dillweed....

It's you're problem.

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-15, 01:17
the trust cops are in town everyone hide
u dont trust many people it sounds
unless they share all ur views
stop while ur ahead nicobie
trust is earned anyway

nicobie
2004-03-15, 02:34

u dont trust many people it sounds

trust is earned anyway

Dats a fact Jack

and u're point is?

Face it dillweed, 'lurkie fucked some people over. He admits the screw job. I just won't let him gloss over it.

.:bluefish: :bluefish: :bluefish:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-15, 05:34
i trust E to a fairly high extent to give me an honest opinion
i trust him to right me if i am wrong
and i expect i am at times
i am me
but i wont always stay me
i change like anyone else
everyone is influenced by everyone else
even if they like it or not
on ZP i talked to E first
i dont like huge sites with tons of bastard flamers
and im noone special but u all are to me (cept u nicobie ;) )
i care in people and the human condition
i like to be influenced by people to make me better
i hope i can do the same for others
this is like a job where i have to be here
i CHOOSE to be!!

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-15, 05:57
no prob harb
im happy to answer ur questions
and we get to know each other
which leads to more
nite man

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-16, 08:29
i havnt' seen nicobie around here recently. where oh where has my baby gone? :speakout: :console:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-20, 13:24
oooh can i have one of those???????

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-20, 15:27
:console: :mansex:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-20, 16:09
hmmmm thanx something like that i can imagine :p
:eatout: :eek:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-28, 16:56
:D

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-28, 22:02
dont be a wise-arse, because u wont hurt me by trying to humiliate me or whatever by sarcasm and oversensitivity. You know what i was implying to in my big ole mean post, and it wasn't trivial little fuck smilies or association with trivial little sex sentences etc.

nicobie
2004-03-28, 23:26
Why don't u leave her alone?

What have u got to gain anyway?

Have u ever reread u're posts?

When I reply to u i only use my middle finger.

Would u like to sniff it?

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-29, 05:35
nicobie has ur finger been in ur ass?
do you reread ur posts?
or do they stop making sence as u type them?

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-29, 13:43
When I reply to u i only use my middle finger.

Would u like to sniff it?

i'd like to sniff it sista :crazy:

i'll sniff urs, if you sniff mine :beer:

Criminal_Sniper
2004-03-29, 14:00
once again ive been grossed out by this forum :p