View Full Version : a bit of...fiction

tim
2004-03-08, 03:25

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-09, 12:38
i went and saw the passion of christ today. While i dont believe in christ etc, i found the movie to be beautifully filmed... the difference between a movie being over dramatic and pathetic and a movie being over dramatic and brilliant is the ability to make the excessive drama feel REAL and i feel like this movie took me there and beyond... not in the blood, or the grusome ripped flesh... but in subtle things... like the way 'jesus' fell to the ground... his positioning... the technical aspects that enhanced it... the fact that his suffering was not ruined by excessive vocal script... i liked it... if for anything, it was the way it was filmed... the attention that made simple things like falling to the ground seem REAL instead of just 'insignificant part of the movie'.

the only scene that nearly shed a tear from my duct was when jesus was having a flashback to when he fell over on a road... as all kids trip and tumble... and mary his mother ran to him as though she was rushing to save his life... it showed a very strong love... she didnt' hesitate for anything... which made me think how the pain she was feeling watching her son be tortured and crucified must have been unbearable.

anyway, not sure i liked the film, but i sure think it was a masterpiece. :beer:

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-09, 20:31
ur so boring it shits me to tears. You like to think you 'see' things that others don't or 'know' things that only a lame cocksucker like you could possibly have the 'intelligence' or 'capacity' to know and undestand.

Ur the one that keeps saying i am 'pretty' - not me. I havn't once tried to 'get away' with 'cruelty' coz i have tits lol - that is just something u assume. Perhaps you can't comprehend that your a cockhead, and someone pointing it out to u doesn't indicate cruelty. This may be hard to believe harynger but sometimes what u write and think is 'inspiring' or 'with depth' is actually just a 10 minute scroll down the page with my mouse for a load of lame crap that could have been more effectively written in one sentence... yes, i'm afraid most ur 10 page posts have probably one sentence of effectivness. Ur lame, u've proven that, and u pretend to know me because we have chatted like 3 times in the past 8 months or something lol. I think your wholy pathetic :beer:

Dollar_Girl
2004-03-09, 20:41
i also saw 'the missing' with cate blanchet. I liked that movie too, surprisingly, because at first apperance i thought that i wouldn't find it that interesting due to its 'western' type theme. However, i found it to be a soothing mix of drama, tenderness,fantasy and spirituality.

The Passion
2004-09-17, 03:21
i went and saw the passion of christ today. While i dont believe in christ etc, i found the movie to be beautifully filmed... the difference between a movie being over dramatic and pathetic and a movie being over dramatic and brilliant is the ability to make the excessive drama feel REAL and i feel like this movie took me there and beyond... not in the blood, or the grusome ripped flesh... but in subtle things... like the way 'jesus' fell to the ground... his positioning... the technical aspects that enhanced it... the fact that his suffering was not ruined by excessive vocal script... i liked it... if for anything, it was the way it was filmed... the attention that made simple things like falling to the ground seem REAL instead of just 'insignificant part of the movie'.

the only scene that nearly shed a tear from my duct was when jesus was having a flashback to when he fell over on a road... as all kids trip and tumble... and mary his mother ran to him as though she was rushing to save his life... it showed a very strong love... she didnt' hesitate for anything... which made me think how the pain she was feeling watching her son be tortured and crucified must have been unbearable.

anyway, not sure i liked the film, but i sure think it was a masterpiece. :beer:you know my view on religion, so we are in the same boat there. I also thought the movie was filmed brilliantly. I remember seeing the scene where jesus was being whipped with the cat o nine tails, and I was having strange feelings like, wow, this is pretty fucked up and maybe some others. it didn't help that they kept showing his mother. but, when the whip ripped his ribs, I remember yelling jesus fucking christ, then I laughed, in some strange way I was like, well shit, that is where that saying must of come from. I myself do believe there was a man named jesus of nazereth, but I do not believe him to be a son of god. I also believe that the way they tortured this jesus of nazereth and crucified him to be truth. which, in turn, is pretty horrible.

now, onto other good movies. I just watched Elephant, it is an independant film from Gus Van Sant, he brought us Drugstore Cowboy and Good Will Hunting. It is about a high school shooting in Portland, Oregon. It was filmed beautifully, I liked how he did different takes on different pov's through the halls. The gunshots were the realest sounding gunshots I have ever heard on film, no bass, just the quick snap/clap that happens when a gun is fired. Great music goes along with the great filming, he used Piano Sonata No. 14 and my all time favorite Fur Elise by Beethoven. It is definately a movie worth checking out.