View Full Version : the creation of pets

slx
2004-01-26, 01:12
A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "Where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

And God said, "No problem! I will create a companion for you that will be with you forever and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve.

And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the
Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "No problem. Because I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted. And God was pleased.
And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "No problem! I will create for them a companion who will be with them forever and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.
And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings. And Adam and Eve learned humility. and they were greatly improved.

God was pleased. And Dog was happy

And Cat didn't give a shit one way or the other.

registered
2004-01-26, 02:28
And Cat didn't give a shit one way or the other.
i love my kittys but lol, that's so true! :)

A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.......They must be Gods!

A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm dry house, pet me, and take good care of me......I must be a God!

slx
2004-01-26, 03:36
Originally posted by registered
A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm dry house, pet me, and take good care of me.......They must be Gods!

A cat thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me, love me, provide me with a nice warm dry house, pet me, and take good care of me......I must be a God! you got that right....we've got 6 dogs and 3 cats that live indoors with us

they tend to sort things out amongst themselves, not requiring our interference...the cats def control the house though

and the bed, by the way is extremely crowd'd @ night

i wouldn't want it any other way though...i love my kids

registered
2004-01-26, 06:55
Originally posted by slx
you got that right....we've got 6 dogs and 3 cats that live indoors with us

they tend to sort things out amongst themselves, not requiring our interference...the cats def control the house though

and the bed, by the way is extremely crowd'd @ night

i wouldn't want it any other way though...i love my kids
it's so nice to know a fellow animal lover :)

sounds the same as at my house...only i have 3 dogs and 2 cats. actually 3 dogs and 2 cats have me! between the dogs and every doggie toy that they just cannot sleep without, and the cats, the bed is also very crowded at night....and i wouldn't have it any other way either!

thought these were cute......

Things we can learn from a dog

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your
face to be pure ecstasy.
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
Take naps and stretch before rising.
Run, romp and play daily.
Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll
get what you want.
Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you
feel by piddling on their shoes.
Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.
Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in
the crotch is most effective.
If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close
by and nuzzle them gently.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt
thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.

Things we can learn from a cat

Make the world your playground.
Be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes.
Whenever you miss the litterbox, cover it up. Dragging
a sock over it helps.
If you can't get your way, lay across the keyboard
until you do.
Always find a good patch of sun to nap in.
Nap often.
Always seek, and take over, the most comfortable spot in any given room.
If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly
When in trouble, just purr and look cute.
When in doubt, cop an attitude.
Climb your way to the top, that's why the curtains
are there.
Anything not nailed down is a cat toy.
Cat hair is a wonderful complement to any outfit.
Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything - just sit and stare.
When in bed, always sleep on top of your human.
Make your mark in the world, or at least spray in each
corner.
When you have something important to say, try to say
it in the dead of night when everyone's
sleeping. There's no better way to get the attention
you deserve.

eclectica
2004-01-26, 10:26
I am more of a dog lover than a cat lover. I don't like the idea of having animals in the house because I think of them as dirty and a burden to take care of.

When I was a kid I grew up in the suburbs of Maryland and I played with one of the neighbor's dogs, who would roam around the neighborhood. There were never pets at my home though.

registered
2004-01-26, 19:48
same here. i love my cats, but relate more to dogs. those gleeful sloppy doggie kisses and unconditional love are so great! :)

i grew up without pets too, and like you i played with the only neighborhood doggie. his name was pal, and he looked just like lassie.

were you an only child? if so, it must have been lonely without a pet to love and play with. i was, and my mother died when i was very young. my dad was far from the comforting type, and without siblings it was lonely. i think having a pet to love would've helped a lot.

maybe someday when you're ready you'll consider adopting a little dog or kitty...you'll never regret it! :)

eclectica
2004-01-27, 15:56
I was not an only child. I had two older sisters and one older brother. When I was younger I wanted to have a dog, but not any more when I consider the responsibility and burden.

registered
2004-01-30, 00:33
i understand. it's hard to be away from home for any length of time when you have pets. so, if you travel often, or want to travel, it's feasable not to have them.