View Full Version : servent of death

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-04, 10:44
The other day i was at the train station, and i was feeling particularly thirsty, so i went to the vending machine, put in $2.20 for a bottle of water, and 2 bottles came out instead of one.

I only wanted one bottle of water, and i felt someone else could appreciate the other bottle, so i offered it to this lady sitting on the seat. She gladly took the bottle, and was full of thanks.

I offered her this object of health to hydrate her on this hot & humid day, and she returns the favour by offering me an item of potential death. I declined the cigarette, but the psychology of the lethal barter deal has left me questioning the twisted, innocent gestures of man. Perhaps many of us do not plot evil deeds, but that doesn't stop the fact that we're all going to hell! except for me :director:

eclectica
2003-12-05, 02:35
Do you smoke Dollar? I don't smoke but I chew Trident spearmint gum all day.

People have trouble accepting gifts. That's why they feel the urge to return the favor in some way. Usually whenever I give someone a car battery boost, I get offered money.

Also, when people are given compliments and kind words, they feel the urge to return them. There is something dishonest in the process of playing these social games. Many people tell me that my daughter is beautiful, and I often say nothing in response, rather than thanking them.

Many of us have been bred to be polite and modest, but it causes us to feel guilty when someone does something nice for us. Teaching children to say "thank you" is the first step for teaching people that all gifts must be reciprocated.

nicobie
2003-12-05, 03:00
:)

it's all good $

don get toooooo deeeeep.

mekajinn
2003-12-05, 11:36
Originally posted by Dollar_Girl
The other day i was at the train station, and i was feeling particularly thirsty, so i went to the vending machine, put in $2.20 for a bottle of water, and 2 bottles came out instead of one.

I only wanted one bottle of water, and i felt someone else could appreciate the other bottle, so i offered it to this lady sitting on the seat. She gladly took the bottle, and was full of thanks.

I offered her this object of health to hydrate her on this hot & humid day, and she returns the favour by offering me an item of potential death. I declined the cigarette, but the psychology of the lethal barter deal has left me questioning the twisted, innocent gestures of man. Perhaps many of us do not plot evil deeds, but that doesn't stop the fact that we're all going to hell! except for me :director:

gestures of woman actually... there was no man involved was there?

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-08, 00:23
I dont smoke. It is just a general assumption by a person with an addiction, that everyone else would share their addiction.

I am a firm believer in the "Thank-you" system. I dont believe it is the first step in the cycle of compulsory reciprication of kindness. I see "thank-you" as the simplest aknowledgement of anothers kindness, and i think in a world as big as this, it would be greatly tragic if we felt we no longer had to aknowledge anyone outside our little social circle, or their positive or negative gestures. Aknowledgement comes in many forms, and it is natural to respond to others. I find that people are more likely to respond to negative comments with aggression, than give a positive response to kindness.

I wouldnt' want to go through life, living on a planet with billions, and not feeling the need to aknowledge others for whatever they are and whatever it is that they offer. Sometimes i wonder why so many feel so lonley when they have over 6 billion neighbours... and then i realise it is from rejection of what we KNOW which creates fear of venturing out and finding others that are lonely and sad. TO be alone in a world of billions seems almost unlogical... i think it comes down to simple aknowledgement of other peoples existance, their gestures, their kindness, their cruelty, their negativity, their beauty, their light.

It is important to teach a child to aknowledge others, because aknowledgement is the first step to open appreciation.

Everyday i walk past thousands of people on the street, and not even think twice about them... we have been taught to grow up as individiuals who can actively walk past thousands and not once say hello...goodbye... thankyou.... People walk past each other everyday, and not share a smile.

I saw a lady walking past me 2 days ago, she looked sad, i said to her "smile!", and she did... and she came to me, sat down and asked me how i was. She may not remember me a month from now... but she remembered me for that day... even one smile, or one drop of rain, is better than a century of dryness :beer:

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-08, 00:25
hi nic! not too deep... dotn want to drown :coward:

Lots o' Lovies :eatout:

nicobie
2003-12-08, 00:54
If only I was older or more mature.

sigh...........................;)

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-08, 07:37
i dont think anyone cares about every soul that walks past. Many times we have other things on our mind, or are thinking about our destination. I believe it is done without conscious thought. If i see a person in pain, or someone who is sad, i feel for them, many times i will sit down on a bench and observe everyone that walks past, and i wonder how their life is going. I think someone who claims to show concern for each individual all the time is dishonest and frankly full of shit.

I think it is natural to have ones concern and compassion vary. Sometimes we are so caught up in our lives, that we have to consciously stop and take a breath.

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-08, 07:38
i also enjoy others happiness. it brings me joy to see others happy, and i find myself crying for joy and for pain

mekajinn
2003-12-08, 08:15
:D

eclectica
2003-12-08, 10:40
New York has a reputation for unfriendliness. It has always been a business oriented city. People are guarded because whenever someone is friendly, it is to ask for money.

I like to look at people in the eyes. It bothers me that there is so little personal interaction.

After 9/11 New Yorkers changed their attitudes for a couple of weeks. People were nice to each other and looked at each other in the eyes. Now it has returned back to normal and become a city of many individuals again. Is that a good thing?

We need a huge asteroid to come hit Earth so that we may once again appreciate our common humanity and achieve World peace.

eclectica
2003-12-08, 18:57
Originally posted by Harby
i don't feel comfortable elaborating furthur in the forum area about this
I hope that you eventually lose your fear of being open. I think you have a lot of things to say about yourself but you are scared to expose the type of person you are here for fear of being attacked. That is your loss. You need to fix that, and lose your fear, because if it is about worrying what others say, you are not in control of your destiny.

From the Dionysian manifesto (http://3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9), are these words, which I hope you eventually follow:
"we are not ashamed of who we are or of our nakedness."

mekajinn
2003-12-08, 21:57
Originally posted by eclectica
I hope that you eventually lose your fear of being open. I think you have a lot of things to say about yourself but you are scared to expose the type of person you are here for fear of being attacked. That is your loss. You need to fix that, and lose your fear, because if it is about worrying what others say, you are not in control of your destiny.

From the Dionysian manifesto (http://3-3-3.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9), are these words, which I hope you eventually follow:
"we are not ashamed of who we are or of our nakedness."

there is a difference between being unashamed and being fearful that our nakedness leaves us open to the slings and arrows etc. For some of us the covering of scar tissue has forever blunted our true perception of what lies in wait for our nakedness.

I don't worry what people say... but i do fear what certain people say or do... sometimes feeling nothing and being protected is for the best... or perhaps not. I am too confused to know any more... i just appreciate both your arguments... it's like ur two people in my head arguing =/

mekajinn
2003-12-09, 00:10
it's all good harby =]

i may have to go away for a bit... i'm not very nice at the moment, and all i'm doing is exuding negativity and hurting someone who deserves better. I need to find some space...

i find it hard to be open... i am a very bad communicator... it's always a constant battle.

one day i might get it right.

Dollar_Girl
2003-12-09, 00:28
:console:

nicobie
2003-12-09, 01:40
Originally posted by mek
... it's like ur two people in my head arguing =/

Ha...

U were told about the SMILIES,
try not to let them get u.

what I say can't hurt much, what I do can be final.

Criminal_Sniper
2003-12-18, 04:43
i smoke
whats with the anti smoking thing?
its a choice
-and remember who legalises it instead of the non-killer weed ;)

they have warnings but we dont care

thats how i am

if i want something i will do anything to get it (within the law of course)

if i like something i will not be told it isnt good or something else is better

i hate opinions because they are generally biased or they have no real knowledge on the subject

what e was saying about kid saying thankyou - i think its good to say thankyou but why say thankyou for something u dont like?
say u already got one that works for me (when i got two watches last year)

eclectica
2003-12-18, 05:04
Thank goodness for the smokers. They are the eyes and the ears of the community. While everybody else is inside in their own isolated world, they keep a good watch on the neighborhood.
:rasta: