View Full Version : DLINK ADSL router Troubles!!!

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-17, 23:57
ok these guys are lame
i tell them that my passwords change for no reason and i cant access my router to change ports etc...
they say to do the usuall update and all will be fine
and it hadnt been reported before they had never heard of it happening yet!
remotely?
cant if its not enabled
i cant see why or how
i updated the firmware last 3 times it did it the fucking loosers only have one fix
one is no fix cause they tell u send it in and they replace another update the firmware which fails to complete any more but i have formated my ststem and upgraded all the comps and my connection
same problem in both environments

anyone wanna spread hate and say they suck to everyone u know?
EX - DLINK _pfft i heard of them they SUCK BAD!!

and can someone suggest a better way to get ur adsl without nat router shit which i dont like or need because i have sufficient firewalls myself commercial free and my own

just a plain adsl modem would be better but i need to hook it up to networking cables that go through my house
theres 4 in the back and 4 upstairs so if u know anything can ya gimme a yell?!?

eclectica
2003-09-18, 00:36
Try leaving the username blank and entering the password as "admin", or try the username as "admin" and the password as "admin". If that doesn't work, there is a hole on the unit which if you insert a paper clip, should cause it to reset after you hold it down for a few seconds to its factory default. Try again after you reset it.
D-Link DSL-504 (http://www.dlink.com.au/products/broadband/dsl504/)

eclectica
2003-09-18, 00:56
Originally posted by Criminal_Sniper
just a plain adsl modem would be better but i need to hook it up to networking cables that go through my house
theres 4 in the back and 4 upstairs
How many computers need to access the internet in the household? If it is more than one, I think you would need a router. But if you have a series of cables in different locations that you want for just one computer, you can use a splitter like what is pictured here, but with four ports instead of two.

http://www.toppsoft.com/ebay/cat5split.jpg

Criminal_Sniper
2003-09-19, 09:32
8 computers and another laptop sometimes
ive got the router and its 4 ports ive got it split to upstairs

ive tried the admin passswords and all

im really stuck
other thyan updating it again
but it does it after that anyway