eclectica
2006-12-29, 17:44
FORD stands for:
*Found On Road Dead
*Fix Or Repair Daily
*Forgive Our Retarded Designers
*Fucked On Race Day
*Flames Over Rear Dash

But I digress, as a man with a grievance often will.

Now I would like to quote (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/12/20061227-1.html) to you the words released December 26 by the man who is in the "highest office in the land":

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, in honor and tribute to the memory of Gerald R. Ford, and as an expression of public sorrow, do hereby direct that the flag of the United States be displayed at half-staff at the White House and on all buildings, grounds, and Naval vessels of the United States for a period of 30 days from the day of his death. I also direct that for the same length of time, the representatives of the United States in foreign countries shall make similar arrangements for the display of the flag at half-staff over their Embassies, Legations, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and stations.

I hope you enjoy your Ford day weekend, because Tuesday January 02 2007 has been declared a National Day of Mourning by president Bush in an executive order. Ford died like a real bureaucrat, by giving Federal workers some extra time off for the holidays.

And on that note, I think the Federal celebration of anyone's birthday, such as what has been done with Martin Luther King Junior's birthday, where it has become part of a three-day weekend, is more insulting than not. For to celebrate one's birthday on a Monday even when it doesn't fall on one, means that it has lost its true meaning and has become merely another Federal holiday.

Seeing that such reverence is given to former president Ford, who was not elected, who died of natural causes, and who pardoned a criminal, seems disproportionate to me. The soldiers who have been killed and maimed in Iraq deserve a thousandfold more recognition than ex-piece-of-shit Ford.

People like to talk about flag desecration, and how it should be outlawed by passing a Constitutional amendment explicitly so that the First Amendment does not give protection to it. Yet I see this act of putting flags at half-staff for 30 days for a piece of shit like FORD, to be a worse type of desecration of the flag.

Let me now quote to you the text of the proposed Flag Desecration amendment:

The Congress shall have power to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States.

The American flag has already been systematically and offically desicrated by the man who is in what is called the "highest office in the land", by ordering the American flags to be displayed at half-staff 30 days for the death of FORD. Therefore a Flag Desecration amendment would be pointless.

napho
2006-12-31, 08:50
I can't believe that there are some people who don't revere this noble man.

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/9269/fordtocitydropdeadqa5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nicobie
2007-01-04, 01:41
Hey 'lurkie,

I agree with your comments about all them gov'mt workers getting a even longer vacation.

:bluefish: